ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show full prep

Ive been hoarding bits & bobs/products ready for FCS and booked off today to have a real good go at getting the car ready for FCS. I also recently picked up a DA so I gave that a whirl :)

boynqwa.jpg

Started with a rinse & foam, Demon foam:

SXaMJYN.jpg

While that was on I cleaned the wheels using Wonderwheels & a Valetpro brush:

aZi4p6v.jpg

Rinsed again, and handwashed with Mer. Picked it up from halfords on 3 for 2, lathers quite well:

UkcsQWk.jpg

After I dried it, I hit the doorshuts:

tF4sIO0.jpg

Then i De-contaminated using Tardis, Iron-X, and clayed the car:

BVL6hUp.jpg

AIvPiQQ.jpg

rxeqi7u.jpg

Then another quick handwash, rinse & dry, and it was time to crack out the DA! Was abit nervous about using it at first but I've been watching youtube vids & reading up on technique etc so I had abit of a clue behind it. Went for a Chemical Guys orange hex pad & V36 compund. Its not perfect, but the difference from before is like night & day imo! extremely satisfied :approve:

I tried to get afew a 'before & after' shots, but using my phone so sorry if its not clear!

hQpCSrv.jpg

yt9nyGa.jpg

Before:
PI7MJJP.jpg

After:
VGSPJvV.jpg

KrRq7US.jpg

(that last pic looks way better than the actual result :rasp:)

My Buddy joined in to watch halfway through :)

YfAvVIY.jpg

After all that I sealed it with Dodo Juice Blue Velvet:

gqlIA2q.jpg

tD9jkwk.jpg

Tyres dressed with Megs Endurance:

icePcAp.jpg

And then windows polished with AG glass polish, plastics dressed with Revive, and interior Hoovered & cleaned with Spritz, Hide cleaner & conditioner for the seats. Didnt get any pics of that as I had to help my mum empty her car and it slipped my mind after!

Please feel free to correct me if ive gone wrong anywhere in steps/products etc. And thanks for anyone whos gave me any advice over the past few weeks! :)

FCS here I come!

G5gazgv.jpg

Lovely, but did you drop the clay?! Looks like loads of grit in it :S

Cheers chap. I did quite early on but I binned it and broke a new peice off, I thought that stuff on there was normal! it felt smooth in my hand :s

Also, pics that I forgot to get yesterday:

5gZqDs4.jpg

IZasrXG.jpg

CUSEh7H.jpg

Nq6GKDE.jpg

9NN93QL.jpg

FelsaF8.jpg

CXsYNoG.jpg

The front bumpstrip is being replaced today with a new, colourcoded peice so the scuff will be gone! :)