ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Clio Cup Mk1

Clio Cup Mk1
Hi !

Quick presentation of me,

Hello !

I'm Jeremy, i'm french, from Bordeaux.

I own a Clio MK1 16v from 1991, called "Clio 16s" in France, and got only 23.000 miles when i bought it last year !!!

I found it in a barn where it was stored since 1998 !

I "restore" it and do it as my trackdays car.

Pics and comments of this "revival" !

When i found it in the barn last year
DSC08019d.jpg

Clio Cup Mk1
Sorry, bug and too late to edit,

if a moderator can repair that please ;)

here the complete thread :

Hi !

Quick presentation of me,

I'm Jeremy, i'm french, from Bordeaux.

I own a Clio MK1 16v from 1991, called "Clio 16s" in France, and got only 23.000 miles when i bought it last year !!!

I found it in a barn where it was stored since 1998 !

I "restore" it and do it as my trackdays car.

- Engine and transmission totally revised
- Kayaba Ultra SR Shocks with Eibach springs
- Renault Sport strut brace (MATTER)
- Group.N disk, Carbone Lorraine Pads, Cooling from bumper
- Green filter in origin air intake (no pics)
- Clio Cup wheels for track, Williams for slicks and origin for road
- OMP seats, ORECA steering wheel and harnesses
- DEVIL Cup roll cage in progress

Pics and comments of this "revival" !

When i found it in the barn last year
DSC08019d.jpg

Firt Cleaning
B84xQYbgXDSM3Ty6lBipGU2vUpLRYjcXVahr5NYR359Owx5ZmckVQqNyDOn7r8JNPreIBLbvzOl2DdQAQ?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

rCH2AihCQs4uPimD6o5fDQu3GYVblGtZW2-XjLYd_lI3xYeTX38Z2yzRdvhuX8ALpEAKeyOka9EzZecNA?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

ufk7lNbhXXHQiiRRFXBJY0t-LgMPWtkDbFGG9euKKab2EfhTkOqI7UpuRQLDJEpJLs21gjKUBh2BtpE-A?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

New Shocks
_2bbUem5fN3NPgP7CLQzcIZmzo3yGYORNRVCsXl2k1OT3ybZAyfKOgFT3F0_Hqvp3DkBSXRXSbiev9fUg?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

Light is Right !
t7t_65n4BHtjKLqK8C6GR4DxNYee331PtQEXMDmZjdsROUO-0R4UG7HAGwGKPEgJPEpJ9974pueJO-oDg?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

New Seats
JqIGtWnx3NMgWvfjeE7IGhpQDeVbe5PQv0KHrohTDKt7TxjG3ClUtrAhtPakWzC2PQa3X40Ezoe6PV5ew?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

Stickers
mwmj6JUDFocEljpXphr0_lXid7DyTNRAVfBqwCQAdiZ9ejb3tvtjcFzPZfbNCYoPQwo0QlxGD-6Qow0GA?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

gojCt0gWCvMKpxT-PQPSvRl3K-80fFUBWbmu18W9rOWJJACMNlA-39Wz5VbYgcc2MjN99cT0XTiOhWhLw?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

XYkqCa0hPR0aslGqyZVCBPwcCfINe_Y_FGilm82tYWsuV36XD4IlngHeAabUX_rzIlVOaULbpHMBIgMiQ?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

Big engine "refresh"
X3YmZ5eithVsJf6etukVqm5aFYWe0ij2-nmZhFXEEQEOEWzBv4TyUVFIW-QQxXd1IvsueNdqEkZ7Outcw?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

_mD1-BJ49ytMe78sX0ZaBWe_fFN-dqBQXRZAs6P5eUSbf1RR0arOqQg2Fd3ttEQYTGobIktFfFCkfu42Q?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

New harnesses
XN_5Oz13mLJa08kw4KybEOXqbkptvs6Clkh4E-yL8YSY0yB4xgVDZv7lRgc_Sot6Kw63-9hruXBsgAdRA?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

o5WnD4FKAHpfWC-MAm-fBmoSkhqVV5VbPfCl3SpEkMuwfRtsa-hgSCSHF6cKc7q0twhe8SXY8kx7NRwNw?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

New Brakes with Carbonne Lorainne Pads
d3ceRv7ndb7lnWsDmlDW8qyWJuQ5wTopb3eF_Q5gslq2CexutpwjAOqOC47xXG5e9Q3kdFNJtKi5x34og?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

Eu_dFGCgc4KRR8i-E7raJrdB1YgeuTZeikN5DuDcLjnJGV3Ouaq0_Ds_VxaXSYsTQL2CfqRiCGcDlPgUA?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

Track wheels
2okmxCmWDAWAXV0g8maam8Vm4Mw3DEEB5usJupUMJxDKAVWShyqSjqCdZRkoqz2Uq_yqVbsbT9AO7B0mQ?PARTNER=WRITER.jpg

New steering wheel
P02060919.49%5B2%5D.jpg

MATTER Strut Brace
P13060915.3502%5B2%5D.jpg

Lowered of -40/50mm
DSC08986%5B2%5D.jpg

DSC09007wall.jpg

Brake cooling
DSC09263.jpg

View from bumper
DSC09268.jpg

Roll Cage
P14080916.31.jpg

@+ ;)

Clio Cup Mk1
Thanks everyone ;)

Using a car in such a good condition as a track tool is a shame.
I'd rather use a good one on track that a bad one that might fall to bits the first track it goes near.

It's in a good condition now. When i found it, it's wasn't as good as now !
Shocks absorbers, brakes, engine accessories, everything was to change !
Paint is not very good as pics shown it (lot of gravel impacts)
But the frame was very clean to start a track project

At the begining, after having unmount some elements as absorbers (Cup specs), ECU (cup chips), carpet (roll cage fixations), I realized that it was and old Clio Cup from the 90'swhat explains the mileage, gravels impact, etc...

More pics on track later :cool:

Clio 3 DCI 103FAP
Thanks everyone ;)

It's in a good condition now. When i found it, it's wasn't as good as now !
Shocks absorbers, brakes, engine accessories, everything was to change !
Paint is not very good as pics shown it (lot of gravel impacts)
But the frame was very clean to start a track project

At the begining, after having unmount some elements as absorbers (Cup specs), ECU (cup chips), carpet (roll cage fixations), I realized that it was and old Clio Cup from the 90'swhat explains the mileage, gravels impact, etc...

More pics on track later :cool:

Ah, ok! Thought you found a nearly new 16S and now ruin it on track;). Unfortunately they are so rare and at least a few should be kept original. But since it was a cup it should be a cup:D! Have fun with it!

Clio Cup Mk1
Ah, ok! Thought you found a nearly new 16S and now ruin it on track;). Unfortunately they are so rare and at least a few should be kept original. But since it was a cup it should be a cup:D! Have fun with it!

If it were in a really great condition, it will be not on a track but in my living room ! :D
Except the paint, there were many things that not gone with a 100% origin 16s like seats (they were those who suits in a 1994 model), and a compete restore would cost more than a track preparation ;)

+1! I love them! how wide are they do you know?

Originals Cup are in 6.5" wide but there exist also in 7" but it's rare.
Thanks for comments on my color choice for this wheels, even on french forum everybody loves it ! :eek:

Nice find that, nice progress too.
6.5J! :D think ill be ringing up some french renault dealers! there awsome!
The steel wheels painted gold are valver spare wheels, you don't need to get them from abroad. I'm not too sure if they are ideal track wheels tbh (from memory they weigh a fair bit)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I've got both sets of steelies lol

the 7j ones are williams spare steel wheels - so you have to either buy them new or find four spare willy wheels like I did :)

They're going on the 172 at some point when its lowered!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
oh and I was also thinking of getting the 6.5's banded a little ;)

Clio Cup Mk1
Thanks everyone ;)

The steel wheels painted gold are valver spare wheels, you don't need to get them from abroad. I'm not too sure if they are ideal track wheels tbh (from memory they weigh a fair bit)

In France they are Williams spare wheels and they are 7" wide in this case.

^ ah ok, just seen one of the posts above yours :)
I've got both sets of steelies lol

the 7j ones are williams spare steel wheels - so you have to either buy them new or find four spare willy wheels like I did :)

They're going on the 172 at some point when its lowered!
Ah so they did those spare wheels in 6.5 & 7J. Never knew that.

Clio Cup Mk1
Thanks ;)

Ah oui.

C'est bon.

J'adore le cochon d'inde.

thanks to speak french but i don't understand what you mean !

that looks bang on, wish i could find a barn like that,....

It was really a surprise, i was looking for a VW Beetle of the 60's, and the Clio was found in the barn of my sister's boyfriend grandmother house (hummm don't think the end of this sentence is really english, sorry !)
they proposed me the clio for less than 1000£ so i accepted immediately !

^ ah ok, just seen one of the posts above yours :)

Ah so they did those spare wheels in 6.5 & 7J. Never knew that.

Okay ! ;)

In a different way, my 2 other cars :D

My Daily :

Peugeot 106 "Enfant Terrible" ( for you like a quiksilver series whit more options and other colors !)
- 1400cc - 75bhp
- 15" wheels Peugeot "Ouragan",
- PTS suspensions, Eibach springs, -30mm
- 106 GTI brake, OMP Disk + EBC Red pads
- 106 GTI anti-roll bar + Strut brace upper & lower
- Induction kit,
- Bigger inlet manifold,
- Exhaust manifold 4/2/1 + decat + Group N Exhaust

002800.jpg

And my Wife's one,

Twingo 1.2 16v

- Green air filter,
- Weitec Suspensions & Springs -40mm
- Clio S mk1 wheels
- And some finishes

DSC09467.JPG

Clio Cup Mk1
Hi,

Hummm, you don't like peugeot ? lol

I can have OZ SuperTurismo wheels in 16"

Do you think they will suit well on a mk1 ?

Anyone get some pics of this wheels on a mk1 ?

Thanks ;)