ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

french crap

Range Rover sport
right as you all no in the last few days ive had trouble with my car cutting out at 3500 rpm and 5000rpm! now its only 5000rpm but this morning discoverd another problem!

electrical fault light keeps coming on and off:S

and plus it jus wnts to stall its self when im parked up!

stalled twice this morning when i turned it on ! didnt touch anything jus revs dropped really low and stalled! same wen i was pulling out of the car park!

have to keep my foot on the accelator to build the revs up or it just dies!

BAG OF s**t TBH!!

luckily booked in at renault on monday!

buut .. anyone have any ideas what it could be? how much i m looking at from renualt ?

Range Rover sport
been to 3-4 garages mate cnt be this coilpack thing they all said the same thing that it wouldnt cut out at 5000rpm in each gear if its the coil pack! it wuld be like cutting out ramdonly ! if u get me?

RB 182 Cup
mine was similar, but didn't start back up again until it was cold again. I changed the both coilpack and tdc sensor and it was running better than new again. Have you actually replaced anything? or just think it cant be that. The coil pack generates the spark so it can cut out when it wants to

Range Rover sport
hmmmm nope! not changed nothing dont want to fiddle around with anything incase i cause more damage! but i think it mite be quite a serious problem? maybe saftey issue that its cutting out at 5000 to provent damage to something?

Range Rover sport
yeh someone did say throttle body to me before? could be because its dirty right??

clio 172 cup, 106 gti
mine was cutting out an juddering alot,lights were coming on an off, found out it was the coil pack and a coroded relay. cost me £155 a year ago an the cup is runnin better than wen i first drove it, was like havin a new car again :) by the way they faults didnt come up on the computer

Range Rover sport
if the faults didnt come up on the compluter how did you find out what there were to replace the parts?

Range Rover sport
just run it now let it warm up etc! .. no stalling or cutting out when in idle ??

cant need much done to it surely for it to stop cutting out at 5000rpm? must just need resetting or something??

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Mate, take it to a garage to get it fixed, you clearly havent got much idea about cars/engines judging by your last thread ;)

Range Rover sport
haha spot on mate (y) havnt a clue tbh about engines ! WHAT SO EVER! panel beater so basicly sniff fuems all day and hit cars with hammers (y)

Integra Type-R DC2
Sounds like the same thing that happend to my car. If it is, get ready to shell out about £200.

Range Rover sport
ah ok mate! well will let you all know how it goes tommorrow! as the car is booked in at 10

Range Rover sport
been in this morning and computer was showing a fault with the accelerator pedal wires and brake pedal! codes have been cleared and now runs as good as new! only problem is since its had a crash and the air bags went off the computer wnt clear the ecu of the air bag and service light so this means new ecu is needed! how much is that going to cost me?