ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

french racing blue - best wax?

182 cup / Audi s3 8L
As title suggests i was wondering if you guys and girls had any advice on the best wax for french racing blue? Or any other colour specific advice you think could be helpful.

Nice one.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
99.9% of waxes aren't colour specific. Comes down to personal preference, budget, expected durability, what will be applied under it etc etc.

Car colour plays a small part on choosing a wax. What do you want from it?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Colour charging doesn't really make them colour specific

I put 2 layers of orange crush on my silver golf and it didnt turn orange, made it a little glossy but that was it. It didn't make my ly 182 any more orange, although it did look good.

182 cup / Audi s3 8L
99.9% of waxes aren't colour specific. Comes down to personal preference, budget, expected durability, what will be applied under it etc etc.

Car colour plays a small part on choosing a wax. What do you want from it?

Yea i thought that was the case, but thought id see if anyone on here new of anything colour specific. From the wax mainly looking for protection, and rejuvenate the paintwork as much as possible.

182 cup / Audi s3 8L
I use Dodo juice banana armour its good value and smells amazing

Im guessing its got other benefits other than smelling good and being a reasonable price....! Dnt get me wrong i like the inside of my car to smell good, but the outside, i gota say doesnt bother me so much!

Clio 197
Im guessing its got other benefits other than smelling good and being a reasonable price....! Dnt get me wrong i like the inside of my car to smell good, but the outside, i gota say doesnt bother me so much!

I actually had someone comment how my car always smelt of cleaning products, never really thought about that before but I took it as a compliment :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm going to be using the autoglym HD wax I got for Christmas soon. Ill report back on how good it is.

Prima Amigo followed by the HD wax is going to bring some good results hopefully.

182 cup / Audi s3 8L
Making it look it's best is all about prep anyway.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?650695-RB-200-Detail-following-Chappers-instructions-D

Have a look at the stuff James used on his RB, if you fancy borrowing anything I'm not far from you!

will check it out, cheers for the offer of borrowing appreciate it. I got far to much detailing stuff but always interested in finding out more and getting different stuff see what can be improved on. Def about the prep work for sure.

Check out James28's profile/RB detailing thread. Gally made him an epic shopping list of products.

As above RE: Colour charging, minimal difference and I use Banana Armour on my grey VX, simply as I like the smell and application.

182 cup / Audi s3 8L
Tell me about it mate, you can never have too much though!

aint that the truth! clios in my garage at the mo, have to stagger my cleaning process at mo cuz ive got a nipper so cant spend all day and night on it like i used to. Currently been washed inside and out, dried and watermarks removed with magic cloth and microfibre cloths, hoovered inside, windows cleaned inside and out, wheels cleaned once, tar remover used on all spots that needed it. Now gota clay it, wax it, and give the wheels another clean and should be somewhere near ready getting it covered in s**t in about 2 mins of driving!

182 cup / Audi s3 8L
Check out James28's profile/RB detailing thread. Gally made him an epic shopping list of products.

As above RE: Colour charging, minimal difference and I use Banana Armour on my grey VX, simply as I like the smell and application.

Nice will have a glance

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6

It comes off really easy aswell which is good as some waxes are an absolute **** to get off