ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frickin Eggbox 360...

Full Fat 182
...is up the swanny. Had the three red lights, then screen freeze's, lights but no action, the works. Curry's better do the right thing and replace it there and then this lunch time or there'll be hell to pay.

Got a horrible feeling its the hard drive tho, be about right

Full Fat 182
Yeah tried everything before I boxed it up. It has never been moved since i got it and has never crashed, hung or given the disc read error in the 5 months i've had it either. I was downloading content from the market place and came back to check on it and the screen had froze with some arctifacts and what not, restarted it and it was fine then came abck later and it had turned itself off and everytime I switched it back on it either wouldnt boot or the three red lights would appear. I have it on a AV rack and is well ventilated so it isnt heat related, just shyt microsoft components at a guess that cant hack the pace

Full Fat 182
I wouldnt buy a dishwasher from them and 5 months down the line expect it to go up in flames and them not replace it. Same principle. Regardless, i'll fire the f*cks up in them and demand a refund if they mess about with me

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Very very common, basically due to MS using cheap metals on the PCB... the PS3 launch wasnt great but at least they work ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
...is up the swanny. Had the three red lights, then screen freeze's, lights but no action, the works. Curry's better do the right thing and replace it there and then this lunch time or there'll be hell to pay.

Got a horrible feeling its the hard drive tho, be about right
if it is the hard drive then take it off and use the 360 and if it works you are right, i think its not the hdd though

Mondeo ST TDci
ahhh... so this is the excuse for getting your ass handed back to you the other night on gears ;) ... the old 'my xbox was faulty'

bad news mate :( they should replace it no problems as it is technically sold as faulty (think its the first 6 months.. or 9 months)
give them hell !

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
have Microshaft changed the manufacturing process on the 360 then? or is this something that is going to happen to them all at somepoint?

Full Fat 182
ahhh... so this is the excuse for getting your ass handed back to you the other night on gears ;) ... the old 'my xbox was faulty'

Is that right?! Cant remember the event but i can almost guarentee it was the faulty xbox......

Anywho, Curry's did a straight swap of the main unit from a new box and i've kept my HDD, im hoping that'll be the end of it for another 6 months as im moving house in a few weeks and cant be doing with the hassle

have Microshaft changed the manufacturing process on the 360 then? or is this something that is going to happen to them all at somepoint?

Supposidly it only effects the batches built in the 1st 6 months or so of production (according to various forums), and there are still some for sale around today. Personally, I've had mine for 10 months with no probs, and 6 of my mates have them and they've had no probs either. I'm sure theres some way of checking serial numbers or something...

Full Fat 182
dave182 said:
if it is the hard drive then take it off and use the 360 and if it works you are right, i think its not the hdd though

Reason I initially thought this is because having previoulsy never even crashed or hung, It crashed with visual artifacts whilst downloading from live. It never booted up again after that. The guy put my hard drive in the store's wh0re box and it worked fine

Civic Si
my 360 just died yesterday. got the three flashing red lights. gotta send it off to microsoft for repair as i've had it for 2 years.
i doubt its the hard drive coz they tell you to send just the console without the harddrive.

the only good thing is when i get it back i can buy a 2 year warrantyfor £50

dk

911 GTS Cab
my 360 just died yesterday. got the three flashing red lights. gotta send it off to microsoft for repair as i've had it for 2 years.
i doubt its the hard drive coz they tell you to send just the console without the harddrive.

they have only been out for 18 months.

a friend at work also had his die last night, he'd had his 9 months so is taking it back to game to exchange

visualize whirled pe
Crikey, I've had my ps2 for nearly 5 years now and and it's used quite regulary. What is wrong with the world if one of the most advanced countries cant make a product these days that doesn't feckup after 9 months, especially when you consider the price you pay. I have no faith in modern technology?
I always buy an exstended warranty now, I'm on my third Epson printer under warranty.

Civic Si

they have only been out for 18 months.

a friend at work also had his die last night, he'd had his 9 months so is taking it back to game to exchange

oops! lol
i got it not long after it was released. i only had the 1 year warranty so there's no chance of me taking it back and exchanging it.

yeah i've read somewhere that it was a batch of 360's made near the start of its release that were all crashing with the same fault.
microsoft were willing to repair all of these free of charge up till jan 07.
if it crashes after that, they dem it to of lasted a satisfactory life span

imo when i buy a £280 console. i expect it to last far longer :rolleyes: