ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Friction noise 172

cal

ph2 172
Have noticed a temporary rumble that occurs when pulling off in 1st or reverse gears once the gear is engaged(clutch pedal not depressed) Renault told me that i need a new clutch kit costing £800! Not sure whether i trust them! Anyone any idea if it is a clutch problem and if so a realistic price i should be paying for new kit? cheers

It's A Reno
Does it only do it the first time you engage a gear and pull away after starting the car?

If so, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your clutch, it's the power steering pump priming itself.

If that is the case Reno should know better 'cos their own daignosis system refers to it.

P.s. mines done it for 6 years now.

It's A Reno
No fix required matey, it's not a problem at all, just a characteristic of the car, and is absolutely nothing to worry about. :D

As I said before, it is the power steering pump priming.
Reno are just trying to rip you off, 'cos if they changed the clutch, it would still do it.
If they bothered to check up, they would know.

They all do it to a certain extent, but I imagine lots of people haven't noticed it.

As I've saved you £800, do I get a prize? ;) :D

cal

ph2 172
nice one pal. weight off my mind. you deserve a prize however slightly skint so my eternal respect for your help will have to do! cheers