ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

frig*ing cup drivers

Comeing home from the weekly shopping trip minding my own business when a 172 cup comes racing up behind me lights flashing 1" from back bumper, he comes along side me and gives me the finger and takes off.

Utter outrage, this toss*r must want a race, red mist forms i think f*ck that he,s not getting away with that, drop a couple of gears and go for it, catch back up with him and looks over at him to see what his problem is, he point,s to my car (172 mk1) and gives it the w**k*r sign.

Now i,m really pissed off and chase back after him, the wifes screaming at my side that were going to die, the shopping in the boot is getting thrown everywhere, but he is taking really stupid manouveres and i decide he,s not worth the risk and back off, but i,m still Piss*d off at his attitude.

If i see another clio an the road i normally give it a nod, I don,t know if this was a" my cars better than yours thing" as i,ve always had respect for CUP and other 172 drivers, but this has really changed my mind, and also broken eggs are a nightmare at clean off your boot lining.

Sorry for my RANT as i know most people on this forum are decent drivers with respect for other road users, despite what car they drive, but i had to get it off my chest.:mad:

from the driving ive seen from some (not all before the cup owners flame me) cup drivers they seem the think the badge cup actually reads rally car there are a few here in swindon and some are driven well but two of them drive like complete nutters regaurdless of traffic/road conditions.

sounds like the bloke is an idiot, as theres no need for some one who u dont know to act like that !

hes either a complete d*ck, or he thinks that u done some thing to p*ss him off !!!

Maybe he thought your Mk1 wasnt a 172? Just badged up?

He probably only knows the 172 MkII and the Cup.. heh..

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by butch on 22 September 2003

the wifes screaming at my side that were going to die, the shopping in the boot is getting thrown everywhere
LMAO! I bet loads of people can identify with that!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by butch on 22 September 2003

Now i,m really pissed off and chase back after him, the wifes screaming at my side that were going to die, the shopping in the boot is getting thrown everywhere, but he is taking really stupid manouveres and i decide he,s not worth the risk and back off, but i,m still Piss*d off at his attitude.
Dude you not got a luggage net?

Nippy white cup

Being a Cup driver myself, its not the poor cars fault that a dick has bought it. Hell learn when he writes it off, just hope no one else gets hurt in the process:)

Revels Mum & Sister

Sure it wasnt a Nova with a Bodykit!

Hehe There are 2 cups round here! One is driven by a 70-80 old couple I sh*t you not. And the other by a very very very crazy person! He drives flat out everywhere!

172 drivers seem to be mainly woman and 1 bloke who drives slow everywhere!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 22 September 2003

Being a Cup driver myself, its not the poor cars fault that a dick has bought it.
Agreed...

Im also a Cup driver and I dont want to be associated with this kind of t0sser!

cant stand that!!

actually being in a similar situation with a RST, although we stopped next to each other at next set of lights. Guy asked me why I didnt want to race, replied "just because Ive got a car thats capable of going fast doesnt mean I have to drive like a c@*t", think he got the message.

It sounds pathological to me. I would steer well clear of this person, he is or should be under psychiatric care. And thats my professional opinion.

172, Tiguan

I am a very responsible Cup driver ;)

I to get the whine from the passenger side at about 4000 rpm.......

.... must get it booked in for that.

That guy shouldnt be driving a CUP. I think with the car being relatively cheap it has become the new dream car for Saxo drivers and a few of them have bought one already.

jon_r

ClioSport Member

Silver Mug
10 June 2003
732 Posts

I am a very responsible Cup driver ;)

I to get the whine from the passenger side at about 4000 rpm.......

.... must get it booked in for that.

easily fixed by one of two modifications

1: with car stationary remove passenger place outside of vehicle shut both doors and drive off

2:with car stationary duck tape passengers gob thoroughly shut, then drive off*

*if female this may require the use of several rolls of duck tape

Quote: Originally posted by Moogwai5 on 22 September 2003

cant stand that!!

actually being in a similar situation with a RST, although we stopped next to each other at next set of lights. Guy asked me why I didnt want to race, replied "just because Ive got a car thats capable of going fast doesnt mean I have to drive like a c@*t", think he got the message.

But at least he asked and didnt just hassle you for a race

Titanium ph1 turbo

mate, I think you will find its the driver, not the car. I own a cup and I drive fairly sensibly, even when I get some t**ser trying it on hoping Im going to take the bait. I normally just let them get on with it, I dont need to prove that Im more childish than them (mostly)!! :D

Quote: Originally posted by Liquid_ICE on 22 September 2003

Sure it wasnt a Nova with a Bodykit!
Cheeky!

I have a GSi Nova, one of not many left on the road today, but most are 1.2 sh*tters with body kits granted.

Not a Clio

i get dirty/snotty looks off women in the new clios (non 172s)

one woman actually laughed at me as i passed her in the other direction!

Quote: Originally posted by chris79 on 22 September 2003

mate, I think you will find its the driver, not the car. I own a cup and I drive fairly sensibly, even when I get some t**ser trying it on hoping Im going to take the bait. I normally just let them get on with it, I dont need to prove that Im more childish than them (mostly)!! :D

i should hope so! other renault got some weird problems! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Clio16vBlack on 22 September 2003

i get dirty/snotty looks off women in the new clios (non 172s)

one woman actually laughed at me as i passed her in the other direction!
Really, you sure there was nothing strange about your car, playing a cheesy tune with windows open ect, sounds a bit strange someone laughing at you as you have an older car??

If you had bought sugar, flour and raced him you may have ended up with a nice cake at the end of it, worth considering next time.

Cups are a bit naff really arent they?

Nippy white cup

No.no. Hes right. I mean who really wants a fast, good handling car for cheap money. They just dont have a selling point do they?;)

It was probably some monkey from the local dealer taking it for a test drive in his lunch break. Ive seen some greasy youth leaving a trail of tyre smoke in somerfield car park, glad it wasnt my car!!