ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frizzell insurance and mods

Seat Leon FR

anyone got any mods and insured on frizzell? what did they say about it and how much did your premium go up by? what mods do they allow?

im with them but worrying if they say i cant fit my alloys when they turn up (gettin 16" fox 3 evos in titanium with a 5 week waiting time) also dont know whether they will let me lower it!

Frizell are the same as Liverpool VIctoria and dont charge for any mods (well possibly asmall pemium for the cost of sendng new paperwork).

So long as you dont change the cc of the ccr and they know of all mods there fine.

Skoda Fabia vRS

im with Liverpool Victoria which are basically the same company, and ive got loads of mods including my engine conversion, all declared

Seat Leon FR

i wondered because on the website for both LV and frizzell it says they cannot insure cars which have performance altering modifications.

brun have you got exhaust and induction kit declared, were they ok about that?

TT 225

We have a MK1 Astra rally car with a turbo engine in it insured with Frizzell, so dont think they really care about mods lol.. premium is only £450 fully comp too..

TT 225

Quote: Originally posted by Chris24747 on 14 May 2004

yeh but was the turbo engine in it as standard or did you have it put in?
Standard turbo on a MK1 astra? nooo, we put it in, along with the roll cage, brakes replumbed, seam welding etc.etc.etc :)

Seat Leon FR

if anyone is going to get a quote with frizzell try and see if you are eligable to join the CSMA. i got 200 quid knocked off and it only cost me 25 quid to join!! :D

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 14 May 2004

im with Liverpool Victoria which are basically the same company, and ive got loads of mods including my engine conversion, all declared

So whats the premium hike for such a big mod?

Im in two minds to mention it if and when I get it done, I know if I modded my own engine I wouldnt say a word but its a bit more apparent if you have a GTT in place of a n/a engine!

Was yours an RT to start with - would have thought the premium would be triple with a GTT engine?

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Has anyone insured a highly modded/GTT converted 16v with them, as the last time i tried them they wouldnt quote me, i was under 21 then though.

Matt I dont think Brun paid any extra, as the displacemnt of the engine is almost exactly the same.

TT 225

Quote: Originally posted by Chris24747 on 14 May 2004

if anyone is going to get a quote with frizzell try and see if you are eligable to join the CSMA. i got 200 quid knocked off and it only cost me 25 quid to join!! :D
Yep! Same here :D