ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front ARB issues

Cayman S, RB 182
Hi,

I am in the process of refreshing my front end on my non cup 182.

I had a look at the front arb only to find one end has corroded/split/swollen.

Should I replace the arb like for like? Or are there any options for upgrading the arb?

Cheers,
Neil

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Powerflex make polybushes for the arb,
although all they seem to have done is cause my ball joints to wear out at the rate of a set a year,
I only do 6k miles a year.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
All of mine have done this as well. Not much you can do but put up with it. Only does it on the sections which have the most movement.

Cayman S, RB 182
All of mine have done this as well. Not much you can do but put up with it. Only does it on the sections which have the most movement.

Do you suggest just leaving it and fitting the new bushes? Or replace oem?

thanks for all the replies

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
On mine I took the really flakey stuff off, leaving as much on the ends where the bushes go and then hammerited the rest.

New bushes never do any harm. The inners are a pig to change if you don't have the subframe off or dropped down a fair way. You will notice a difference when it's all done, I certainly did.