ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front brake calipers

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
as above, where's the best place to buy new front Clio 172 cup calipers, was going to rebuild my own ones but thought I'd check the cost of new ones first, I don't want reconditioned ones

Thanks

Track 172 Cup
Didn't realise they were that cheap lol think I've spent more than that buying and redoing a pair of 2nd hand calipers but like said carriers are what are hard to find. On the other hand it's nice too work on a spare set and know what goes where for repairs and maintenance.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
is there anywhere you can buy them complete, i'll need to check euro car parts or somewhere, i've got a pulsating feeling coming back through the pedal, the discs are fine so guessing one of the calipers is goosed

Track 172 Cup
I have only seen calipers brand new never seen any with carriers. Would like a new pair of carriers if i could find them myself.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I would buy the new calipers and then drop your carriers in a small tub of bilthamber Deox C for a day or two. They will come out looking brand new. You can then have them plated or powder coated.
Are you sure the pulsating is not the discs or ABS.