ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front brake discs

My front brake discs have a fairly big lip on them now car has done circa 32k So i presume these need replacing? question is I have just bought new brake pads (yellowstuff) as my current ones are very low will it be okay to put the new pads on and change my discs in a couple of weeks withput ruining the padsjust a tad skint at the moment or just get a set of cheaper discs? :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
just wait till you get new discs and bed new pads into new discs. around £90 for brembo discs

if it's only a couple of weeks, i'd wait. you could bed the yellowstuffs in on your existing discs but you'd only end up having to do it again with the new ones and, if your existing discs are scored/ridged/etc, it'll all take a while to bed in. basically, it's a headache and you're better off doing it all at once imo

oki just my current pads are fooked the stop and brake light is coming on so its a asap job and i am just a tad skint lol will i honestly notice the difference with more expensive discs thought pads would be alot more important.

biggest difference is going to be in the pad imo but some on here do seem to think fancy discs make a difference

whip a wheel off, file off the lip either side of the disc and measure across it - minimum thickness is 21.6mm; if the discs are well within that and aren't excessively scored/ridged or at all cracked, they'll be fine to continue using. would have thought that your yellowstuffs are going to increase disc wear though, as they're apparently quite a hard pad