ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Compnents Really Quiet

Clio 1.2 Billabong 53
Hi.

My mate has fitted some components in the front of his clio but he says they are really quiet. He doesnt have an amp. Is this why? He has just wired the crossover to the speaker cable from the headunit.

Thanks

Clio
the standard headunit doesnt have enough power to power any sort of components, would ideally need to amp them to get the best from them.

Clio
Sorry not even an after market headunit will be powerful enough to power a set either! need to be amped mate.

Clio
depends mate, is he looking to run a sub also? id go for a 4 channel amp and use 2 channels to run the comps and the other 2 channels to run a sub.

vaux cavalier
Re: Front Components Really Quiet

you say they are quiet, but just how quiet is quiet???

i would expect them to be able to play adequately before distortion becomes an issue,(higher rms ratings imply a stiffer suspension as does 90dB sensitivity), but because they are limited response wise, they should play almost as normal....

i would suggest your mate checks his wiring over just to make sure he hasn't made a mistake somewhere, you could also try altering the phase on one side then the other....

the Vibe speakers aren't too bad, (can be a little smelly if shown any kind of clip though), and as such should be adequate, but with regards Vibe amps, i consider them to have a few reliability issues, esp if running into low impedances or again badly setup....