ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front end feeling very light over 65/70 mph

1.2 clio dynamique
My car is lowered 60mm, and on standard wheels and tyres the car was fine, however fitting new wider (195 as apposed to 185) wheels it has become very light at motorway speeds.

The car doesn't appear to be sitting any higher/lower than it was before, although the wheels have a lower offset and there is a slightly larger arch gap.

Any help/solutions/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

1.2 clio dynamique
Sorry yeah to add i have dropped the pressures to 2 bar front 1.8 back, (around 14 psi in a bar) bit it didnt seem to make any difference :(

172 PH1
I would imagine you have a wheel alignment problem then. Your local tyre place/garage should be able to laser align for £25 - £40.

1.2 clio dynamique
Struggler- no but i would of thought i'd of noticed this before changing the wheels over?

I will get an alignment week after next i think, i will also swap the wheels back again as that will tell me if it is wheels or something else.