ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front end goes light after 90mph+

FF Clio 182
Might just be the way Clio's are but just want to check. Got a clio 182 and driving it but when you get to about 90mph+ it goes a little light on the front end. Car is currently on cup suspension that are in my opinion give the car a very high ride hight.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Last time I went 88, the Doc went ape. Something about a clock tower

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Who gives a toss if he's speeding or not.

Too many folk on here need to get off their high horse.

SQ5
I have and documented after being caught, very silly.

Check tyre pressures, maybe a little too high.

BMW E46 330ci Sport
You don't have a front splitter on your car. This must be the cause of lightness on the front end. You need more down force going those speeds round corners guy. :clown:

BMW E46 330ci Sport
Exactly right. Get one sorted before attempting anymore high speed antics. Skoda sell one for £12 I believe. Search on here for more info.

Also makes the front of the car look better.

Drive safely.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Don't listen to these idiots mate. You actually need to go quicker to get the front end sticking down...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Look at your springs and you will see some painted marks on them in various colours (if they're genuine Renault units). What colour combo have you got?

It's not uncommon for people to swap so called "cup" springs about or to fit non-genuine units to cup packed vehicles incorrectly which can mess with the cars geometry. I once put mk1 16v springs on a non-16v car whilst waiting for the rest of the setup to arrive and it was mentally unstable at 20ish mph let alone at 90+ mph

FF Clio 182
After having a look, my front springs have yellow bands and my rears are red /white. The bolt spacing for the hubs are 60mm so that leads me to believe the front is running on non cup springs. Probably explains why it handles like s**t lol