ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front end rattle

The little bugger has developed a rattle from the front end.

It happens on small bumps/pot holes or on an uneven road surface at any speed.

My first thoughts were top mounts, however, having had the top part off and bouncing the car around, they seem fine. It's not a knock either, just a rattle as if something has come loose.

Then I thought ball joints, got myself a long bar, got under the car and had a little play, no movement at all.

So now I'm a bit confused, I've had a good look with the wheels off and the anti-roll bar bushes seem ok, but it definately sounds 'suspensiony'.

Anyone got any ideas on what to check next before I pop down to GSF and buy everything I can think of?

I did think that, not checked it, however it does sound a lot more solid than just a bit of heat shield rattling.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Engine Mount under the Battery? The Nut/Bolt on mine came loose and caused a fairly loud Knock/rattle that got worse with time?

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Thanks for that, however, my problem is a little more serious and requires some attention, not just a case of putting up with it.

Sorry mate just thought I'd give you some input. My pads rattle a fair bit, so much so that Fred paid it some attention and had my suspension strut apart to check things out, so it does infact sound quite serious... but it's not IN MY CASE.

I do hope that you're problem is resolved quickly.

PH1 172 Sport
Noticed mine doing this today on the passenger side. Stripped it down this evening checked everything you have (found nothing) and took it for a test drive. On the drive I found that if I brake gently whilst going over a bump small pothole there is no noise. So therefore from what I can tell its the pads rattling.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
just searched this and come up with this thread,
i do indeed have this rattle in my DCi, abd it does feel slightly disconcerting when braking hard, although it brakes fine....

my front suspension has been checked several times by myself and a qualified mechanic and we also changed the bottom ball joints, are we saying its brake pads then? cause that is shocking if so