ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front seat removal - set air bag light off?

Just a quick question.

I'm looking to pick up a set of replacement seats soon and currently the only car I have on the road is the Clio so was thinking of removing the passenger seat at home and installing the replacements on collection but would driving the car with the seat removed put the light on as currently all the lights are out?

Or, do you think I can fit a pair of front seats in the Clio 172's boot?

Cheers

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
A few options like you say.

Take rear bases out and fold rear seats down and they will fit in.

I have had a full set in mine and they do fit.

And yes the airbag light will come on unless you stick a resistor in but for the sake of getting home does it really matter.

And yes the airbag light will come on unless you stick a resistor in but for the sake of getting home does it really matter.

Thanks for the rapid response.
My concern isn't really for the journey but more whether the light will go once a seat is reinstalled or will it stay on until it is reset by 'a gizmo'?

Last edited:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Airbag lights are self diagnosing and will turn off once circuit ok again, so should be fine mate.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Just a quick question.
Or, do you think I can fit a pair of front seats in the Clio 172's boot?

Cheers

if you drop the rear seat, you can fit:

2x front seats
1x front bumper
1x parcel shelf
1x rear bumper
1x steering wheel
1x boss

in the back of a 1*2

10511152_10154996741160077_8636800809048925780_n.jpg

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Cheers lads.

I don't think I can all that lot in one of my Volvos!
If I can get it all into the back of a 172 then a Volvo should eat it!
The passenger seat was fully rammed forwards though, and it was a bloody tight fit!