ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front shock absorber boots.

I replaced both the rear shocks after one of the rears failed. As the fronts are also 12 years old I thought I would treat it to a new pair up front. Just picked up my new shocks from Renault and they don't come with any sort of boot / cover on the shaft. The boots / dust covers on the old front shocks are shot.

Is it worth getting new boots for them ? The only ones listed on ebay are £24 delivered.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Oh no! I just took delivery of a pair of genuine cup shocks today! Gonna go check to see if they have the boots on them.

225 Cup & Williams
They won't come with them mate. All you get is the bare shock and that's it. I was quite surprised they never came with new ones when I bought new ones for me 172 too.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Oh quality. Why the hell wouldn't these come with a new shock!?!? I would've thought they're quite integral to keeping the shock in good nick?