ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front sitting high.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Front of my Clio sits excessively high. Presumably same reason as top mounts are sitting high. Can't understand why though, new springs, dampers, top mount bearing and rubber.

SQ5
Wrong dampers? Spring not seated correctly?

If you have new rubber top mount nut should be very low.

Any pics?

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Wrong dampers? Spring not seated correctly?

If you have new rubber top mount nut should be very low.

Any pics?
I'll get some pictures today, I checked up on Spring and damper part numbers, appeared to be correct for car. Fitted complete new top mount setup apart from the metal spacer that goes between top donut and the bearing

SQ5
Where were the dampers and springs from?

So you used the original metal spacer and thin 17mm nut? That's correct by the way, I've found the new stuff doesn't fit and you have to buy the silly expensive separate bolt.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Where were the dampers and springs from?

So you used the original metal spacer and thin 17mm nut? That's correct by the way, I've found the new stuff doesn't fit and you have to buy the silly expensive separate bolt.
Original spacer and thin 17mm nut, parts were from GSF

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
0ba295b1558b1a824485b205bda6c953.jpg

f2e2af51f710edb5de96b5031a81ad0b.jpg

59e08a11e2db82e9db3c77478bedcc09.jpg

SQ5
Wouldn't do that, but if the rear is dropping it'll make the front look higher. Front height doesn't look so bad over standard to be honest. But the top mount shouldn't be thy high

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Wouldn't do that, but if the rear is dropping it'll make the front look higher. Front height doesn't look so bad over standard to be honest. But the top mount shouldn't be thy high
I'll dig about under it a bit tomorrow

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well today I had a play about, saw now issues. Filed rubber base down to a defined point so it sat properly in damper. Then went with a tape measure on to my other Clio and once I'd take in to account wheel sizes (black one is all 14s and green one is 14 on front and 15 on back) the ride height was near identical between them