ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front speaker conversion help...13cm to 16cm?

Hi,

I've got some 16cm vibes to put in the front of my car and I would like to know how to do it, my car is a 2004 mk2 Clio.

I've already bought some spacers and they should he here in a couple of days but I've looked at some guides and tried to find the information I need but I'm still a little confused.

When fitting the speaker, am I going to need to cut away part of the door card? If so which part do I need to cut in to? As surely if part of the door card is cut away it's not going to be protected from the water from the window?

Also, when it comes to fitting the speaker into the car, what holes do I use to fix it securely? Is it going to be fixed to the door card or the door?

Sorry if these questions seem a little silly I'm not very car minded so any help on how to do this will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Sean

Fiesta ST2 MP215
You wont need to cut it, you'll have to cut some MDF to fit the speaker into and then attach the MDF to the door card, sort of making a spacer for it, there is plenty of depth from the grill it'll be piss easy to do. take the grill off and you'll see they mount onto a bit of plastic anyway.

Took my old speaker out and tried the new one for fits, was hoping to just be able to screw straight in, but turns out the door card needs to come out to do some cutting so that's a job for the weekend