ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front speakers

I want to upgrade my front speakers (standard at the mo) but Im not sure whats best to go for in terms of sound quality, I couldnt give a toss about looks/name I just want it to sound the dogs danglies.

I take it a decent set of components is the best way to go, but where do I put the tweeters, the orignal mountings in the dash would have them firing at your legs, which obviosly isnt too good for sound quality.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

You can rip the tweeter out of the middle of the ones in the dash and mount them in the middle of that so you cant see em :) Kicker ones sounded ok to me, decent bass and quite nice highs too

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

I have had my tweeters in the original dash area !! They sound fine down there mate !! And they are out the way and dont get knocked or nicked.

Trust me itll be fine !!

Leigh

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I agree with Leigh. Ive got mine in the original position and it dont sound too bad.

I suppose you could try to put them behind the air vent that is above the dash tweeter position. Obviously this would render you air vents pretty much useless but it would bring the tweeter closer to the top of you dash which is what you want.

Ive had mine amped as well and they sound wicked.

Rick