ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front speakers

i have upgraded all the rest of my existing sound system in my clio, amp sub 6x9, cd player, but havent dun nething with the factory fitted door speakers . should i upgrade them?? will this make a difference to the sound of my system hugely????

which ones shud i go for??? and also how difficult wud they be to fit??? would they just band straight into the existing fitment????

any help would be much appreciated

tom

simple... yes it will help what is best for you depends upon your budget. for instance some Kicker components will cost around £150. where as co-axles are about £60

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

My god! Your still running the standard front speakers, I threw those out as soon as I got my car home after buying it!!!!!

The standard fronts are 13cm, its easy to replace them with co-axials, you just wip the old ones out, cut off the connector and replace them with some spade connectors and away you go. If you go for separate components it gats a bit more complicated. You cant just run some new speaker cable through the rubber tube that runs between the car and the door, because theres a connector on the end of it which limits the way you position the speakers.

The fronts will make a big difference to the sound, but only if you balance the sound properly with the 6x9s or else theyll just take over. To be honest with you, I originally had co-axials in the front of mine and 6x9s in the shelf, once I got a sub it screwed the overall sound up big time, so I got rid of the 6x9s all together and it made a big difference in the overall sound quality.

Rick