ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front spoiler advice

Im after a new front lip spoiler after my other half ripped my oem rubber one off whilst parking!
I dont like any of the dtm style ones, I just wanted something similar in shape to the oem, i.e. a vertical extension of the bumper.
Anyone used bits from other cars? or know of an off the shelf item?

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

My mates got a front spoiler off a Seat Ibiza on his car (not a clio however). Its a fair bit deeper than a standard clio one but makes the car look a lot lower than it actually is.

Rick

Laguna fits but cost 60 somthin quid but the seat one cost £19. They are same quality but the seat is bigger so makes the car look lower.

I have the seat one but aint fitted it yet as it needs trimming. Will be fitting it this week ready for southend.

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah I need something for the rear, something vertical and that comes right down...anyone know of something that comes even lower than an Ibiza? Plus I want something a bit different. Dont want an R&A diffuser, need something that hasnt been done.

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah thats what Ive been thinking about, either the 106 GTi or the bottom off a Fiesta Zetec with that nice central bit thats like a pretend diffuser thingy. Is the Fiesta rear bumper as wide as the Clio one?

BMW 320d Sport

BTW that just reminded me...for years Ive been wondering what that thing is on the back of a Mondeo...you know at the bottom of the bumper where some have a bare cut-out and the STs have mesh? On the right hand side (from behind) theres a kind of little pipe or something. What the hell is that? A jacking point?

silver valver/hybrid

nick are you thinking of the reverse sensor? some of the mondeos have a bleep sensor on the bumper as a parking aid.

GR7

Shiny red R32

I thought that Nissan Micras have these sensors for the old folk who drive them, to let them know when they are about to hit the car behind them when trying to park!

Ordered a Seat Ibiza GTi front splitter. Not very original I know, but for £15 + vat its worth a look. Ill try it on the back bumper too.

Okay, I removed the front bumper last night and tried out the Ibiza front splitter. This thing is way too deep. There are loads of speed bumps around here and itll take a hit immediately! Ah well, it only cost £13.39 + vat in the end.

Any other suggestions before I refit the original bumper + rubber spoiler?

G13NN X, it would probably cost more in P&P then it would for you to go to your local Seat dealer and order one... unless you live in Ulan Bator! (thats in Mongolia for all of you who failed Geography )

I may see there is an option to fit it to the rear of the car yet.

Fair enough! Just thought it would save you being left with a spoiler you didnt want!

What shall i ask for at the Seat garage - is it off a 97 Ibiza Gti?

If anyone wants the Ibiza front splitter and is willing to pick it up from the Derby area then you can have it for a tenner.