ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front suspension shock absorbers

Monaco RS Clio 172
hello

my 172 (ph2 2002) is on standard shocks and eibach sportlines, however, I have noticed when driving enthusiasticaly, turning right feels slightly different to turning left, when driving quite hard / cornering hard.

it just doesn't feel right when turning right quickly. too much flex of some sort.

so I had a look today and to cut a long story short, you know the test you do when you push on the front wing / bonnett and see how much bounce there is?

drivers side seems fine - pretty stiff, tiny bit of play

passenger side seems to bounce more.. quite a bit more, in fact.

so I am now thinking whether the suspension / shock absorber is a goner.

I cannot see any fluid leaking but I am thinking this may get worse and become dangerous so I am certainly no longer driving as stated above (fast/enthusiastically)

does anybody know a ball park figure what to expect to pay to replace the part?

just the absorber, assuming I'd have to buy a pair as similar to brakes, it is best to replace both, right?

from a renault dealer or is somewhere else best?

also there is no chance this could be the sportline spring has something wrong with it is there?

did a search and cannot find a suitable reply so any help is much appreciated

also I run the standard tyres that came with the car I believe, still the same make that replaced the worn ones, they are roughly half worn, maybe a little more, and I usually set front pressures @ 33 psi and rears @ 31 psi.. this is the best setting, right?

sorry to seem dumb

thanks guys

audi B5 rs4
it sounds like your shock is done. check for leaks on the shock, but it does'nt sound good. They are fairly cheap to replace £50 ish a corner.