ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front suspension

Struggling to line up the passenger side suspension to the hub. Anyone able to link me to a guide or quickly tell me what to do.

I've put the suspension on and bolted it up from the top, now I'm just struggling to line it up with the hub.

Any help would be great

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Struggling to line up the passenger side suspension to the hub. Anyone able to link me to a guide or quickly tell me what to do.

I've put the suspension on and bolted it up from the top, now I'm just struggling to line it up with the hub.

Any help would be great

Have you got it jacked up on a pair of axle stands, or just one wheel lifted off the ground?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Jacked up on a pair of axle stands

Ah ok, a mistake some people make is only having one wheel off the ground which means the ARB pulls the arm up on the other side.

Tip the hub outwards, get one bolt through, then push back straight to get the other one in, dont worry about trying to line both up at once.

And if you still struggle put a large screwdriver through one hole in the hub and shock and use it to centralise the other one to allow you to get a bolt through then replace the screwdriver with a bolt in the first hole once the second bolt is through.

They should be fitted bolt head to the front and nut to the back if you want best practice (so if the nut comes off the bolt is still less likely to fall right out)

Ah ok, a mistake some people make is only having one wheel off the ground which means the ARB pulls the arm up on the other side.

Tip the hub outwards, get one bolt through, then push back straight to get the other one in, dont worry about trying to line both up at once.

And if you still struggle put a large screwdriver through one hole in the hub and shock and use it to centralise the other one to allow you to get a bolt through then replace the screwdriver with a bolt in the first hole once the second bolt is through.

They should be fitted bolt head to the front and nut to the back if you want best practice (so if the nut comes off the bolt is still less likely to fall right out)

Thanks chip, all in now just need to bolt it all up