ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FRONT WHEELS DRIVING WHEN IN NEUTRAL

182 FF
Took my Clio for a quick spin out as its got an gearbox oil leak which does'nt seem to appear on idle only when the car in driven very hard ie. on track, and when I got it back home I jacked it up with the engine on and in neutral (obviously) as soon as the wheel lifted from the ground it began to turn at about 5mph.

Am I right in thinking that this is the clutch not fully releasing (it seems OK, does'nt slip) Or could it be something to do with the gearbox leaking oil? At Donnington is was leaking a good dollop on the garage floor towards the end of the day.

Any advice would be appreciated.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Mine does this too, as have some other RS's i've seen jacked up with the engine on. I don't think it's anything to worry about tbh!

172 cup, Impreza P1
Noticed mine did this too the other week. Confused the s**t out of me as I'd never seen I before on any other car.

BMW M135i
Its just the oil in the box transmitting drive through drag as said, you can stop it with your hand. Most fwd cars will do this.

182 FF
Its just the oil in the box transmitting drive through drag as said, you can stop it with your hand. Most fwd cars will do this.

Tried this with mine by sticking my foot on it and would'nt stop. Never had a car do this thats what confused me, but its obviously not a problem. Just assumed the original clutch had given up after 89k and endless abuse!