ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front wiper problem

Clio Sport 182
Hi,

I am having some trouble with one of my front wiper blades. The arm seems to be going too far and it is even going on to the passenger side pillar. I have removed the blade and even taken it off and put it on the lower setting with no luck. Anybody else have this problem and fix it?

clio 182 trophy
Hi,

I am having some trouble with one of my front wiper blades. The arm seems to be going too far and it is even going on to the passenger side pillar. I have removed the blade and even taken it off and put it on the lower setting with no luck. Anybody else have this problem and fix it?

Orite mate. Happened to my trophy. The wiper arm took the paint off mine as it was coming off the side of the windscreen. The wiper arm mechanism is fucked mate. Try tightening the bolts but chances are it is knackered. New mechanism is not cheap sorry mate but you could try a breakers yard for the mechanism?

Clio Sport 182
Yeah same is happening to mine mate tried tightening it up to.

Was hoping it was a cheap fix what's the damage mate?
Orite mate. Happened to my trophy. The wiper arm took the paint off mine as it was coming off the side of the windscreen. The wiper arm mechanism is fucked mate. Try tightening the bolts but chances are it is knackered. New mechanism is not cheap sorry mate but you could try a breakers yard for the mechanism?

Westfield, 182, 200
Think the wiper mechanism spindle is steel and the wiper arm is ally, also pretty sure the splines on the spindle cut into the wiper arm as you tighten the nut up (messed with quite a few cars so may be wrong!)
If so, may be worth trying another wiper arm??
Lots of used wiper mechs about and easy to fit, ironically hardest part is getting arms off the spindle!

Clio Sport 182
Think the wiper mechanism spindle is steel and the wiper arm is ally, also pretty sure the splines on the spindle cut into the wiper arm as you tighten the nut up (messed with quite a few cars so may be wrong!)
If so, may be worth trying another wiper arm??
Lots of used wiper mechs about and easy to fit, ironically hardest part is getting arms off the spindle!

Thanks mate will try that first saves me buying a whole new mechanism.

clio 182 trophy
Yeah same is happening to mine mate tried tightening it up to.

Was hoping it was a cheap fix what's the damage mate?

I can't remember what the exact price was sorry mate but a new one was over 100 quid iirc. I was lucky to get one off a mate so didn't have to pay that much. I am left with nasty paint damage though so I recommend you get it fixed asap as I was caught in a storm on the m4 and had no choice really but to drive home and bye bye paint.lol. P.S mine also snapped which almost resulted in me going into the back of a cop car in Swansea as the wiper froze mid-screen. Had to swerve around him.lol. Hope it is just a loose bolt for you!

Clio Sport 182
I can't remember what the exact price was sorry mate but a new one was over 100 quid iirc. I was lucky to get one off a mate so didn't have to pay that much. I am left with nasty paint damage though so I recommend you get it fixed asap as I was caught in a storm on the m4 and had no choice really but to drive home and bye bye paint.lol. P.S mine also snapped which almost resulted in me going into the back of a cop car in Swansea as the wiper froze mid-screen. Had to swerve around him.lol. Hope it is just a loose bolt for you!

Haha I know I wanna sort it so hopefully it is a easy fix it will defo end up costing me a £100 quid. Thanks for the help though mate appreciate it.

clio 182 trophy
Haha I know I wanna sort it so hopefully it is a easy fix it will defo end up costing me a £100 quid. Thanks for the help though mate appreciate it.

No problem at all mate glad to help! Yeah def check for someone breaking first, always people on here breaking a clio. All the best, Steff.