ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frount Camber

Audi S3

How can i adjust the camber on the front of my car without forking out £40 ish for them bolts from K-tec??

you cant.......simple.

If your a dab hand at fabricating then there are better ways than Ktecs bolts.........but i cant be arsed to give the details no cause nobody ever does them.

how bad is your camber?

well, find out how much camber you got, as your car aint lowered is it?

Mine is and i dont wear the inners out......unless your tracking is mega out and bushes worn.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Sadly its not just the cost of buying the bolts....it needs setting up too so thats gonna cost also. Had a quote the other day for camber bolts/fitting and setup plus tracking for £180!!! bloody springs only cost £120.

I was on business next door to Mardi Gras Motorsports today and saw a couple of them Cup Racers in there being race prepd so popped in and asked how much they would charge to set mine up. Told him Id got the Eibach Prokit springs and the max drop at the front would be only 20mm and he said dont bother as its not that much of a difference to cause any problems. So saved myself a fortune...:D

But if you really want to do it Northampton Motorsports do camber bolts VERY CHEAP

Audi S3

yea it is lowered ben by 35mm and i think its a few degrees out, yea the tracking is way out but it wore on the inners when the tracking was fine

get teh tracking done.

And settiing up if you have the bolts is only a manner of making a camber gauge and turning the bolts....

Did you talk to paul at Mardi Gras?

clio 20v

mines lowered over 60mm at the front on coilovers and i have no problem with excessive camber it doesnt wear the inside of the tyres at all more likely the outside from cornering hard

35mm lowering should be fine

adi

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 22 August 2003

Did you talk to paul at Mardi Gras?
i was told he was the team manager, really helpful.....curly hair and glasses

Also said that if doing a track day you should add camber, but that would really wear your tyres for everyday use.

My local tracking centre said they setup lowered cars by putting a slight toe in to counteract the camber caused by the lower springs.