ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frozen fuel gauge. advice required.

2004 Renault Clio
Howdy all! hope you doing well.

i filled the car last week and i know last night that i used up 2 bars out of 9. But this morning the fuel gauge shows its full, plus the millage have been stuck on the same mile, even though i just driven 10 miles to work earlier today, and the button for the screen is not responsive.
I have turned the car off and on again to see if it returns to normal. No win yet.
Have anyone encountered this problem before and what is the best solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Dan

Success you have found a source of infinite fuel!

Lol honestly mate I don't have a clue, I take it apart from it not moving/ changing miles everything still works the same?

Any warning lights appeared?

Many.
push and hold the stalk end button, turn ign on, it'll light up everything etc, then switch ign off, back on and see if that helps.

2004 Renault Clio
i got Infinite fuel? sweet! Everything works perfectly, no warning lights, just the screen that frozen.
The stalk end button doesn't do anything too, maybe once the car thawed a bit later on today, it'll be fine. hopefully.

i got Infinite fuel? sweet! Everything works perfectly, no warning lights, just the screen that frozen.
The stalk end button doesn't do anything too, maybe once the car thawed a bit later on today, it'll be fine. hopefully.

Sweet share'sies? :p

And it's a bit of an odd fault mate, the stalk end button should be held in once you have the key in position 2 for a few seconds before you turn the key all the way while still pressing the button

It should light all lights on the dash up and make all of your needles move up and down

I have never seen it not do anything at all :S

Sorry I can't be of more help mate, hopefully you get this sorted, I'm sure someone with more experience will be along shortly

2004 Renault Clio
Cheers for the response guys! Will check out both fixes tomorrow! if i fixed the problem, would that remove my infinite fuel? ;)