ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fto v6 vs rs182

200sx s14a
hi peeps just a quick question. just wondering how my 182 with both cup packs would fare against a mitsubishi 2.0 v6 24v gpx fto. its the 200hp version with mitec engine. dont know if anyone has raced or had one? my mate is on about getting one and thinks he would cane the clio in a straight line i think it would be close but clio handling will own it no problem! whats your veiws

200sx s14a
ah nice 1 v close that, i heard that the fto has a mpg of around low 20's- 28 lol which is pretty shocking for that amount performance imo

Mustang, S13, AX GT
ah nice 1 v close that, i heard that the fto has a mpg of around low 20's- 28 lol which is pretty shocking for that amount performance imo
I think its more a case of the Clio RS models having pretty impressive MPG figures for the performance ;)

best driver irrelevant of car would win as performance is almost identical .
When featured in Car mag i think it was ,they said the fto's point to point handling would scare a teg type r ,so all this usual clio would have it in the twisties rubbish is wrong.

Elise S1 B&C 140
A Manual boxed one would probs be pretty close, they do go well.

However the triptronic system is shockingly slow on them so i dont think there would be much contest with the clio there.

n2x

e60/f10
We've had this one come up a few times. I'd put the Clio ahead. Handling wise the Clio would be well ahead.

I ran at Santa Pod when I had a standard 172 against a 2.0 V6 GP-R Mivec manual FTO with decat and induction kit. We ran pretty much identical times. The Clio is capable of a better time than I ran too.

Here's the video clip: http://www.rapidpants.com/images/gallery/motors/2003//sp140903/FTOvs172.wmv

which rpm did you launch with? and gear change @ 7200rpm?
thx

Lee

BMW M2C
We've had this one come up a few times. I'd put the Clio ahead. Handling wise the Clio would be well ahead.

I ran at Santa Pod when I had a standard 172 against a 2.0 V6 GP-R Mivec manual FTO with decat and induction kit. We ran pretty much identical times. The Clio is capable of a better time than I ran too.

Here's the video clip: http://www.rapidpants.com/images/gallery/motors/2003//sp140903/FTOvs172.wmv

which rpm did you launch with? and gear change @ 7200rpm?
thx

I can't remember mate, that was almost 5 years ago now!! I'd guess I launched around 3k and probably shifted just before the rev limiter as the green "you should really look at shifting" light came on.

n2x

e60/f10
Thx anyway. I dont have the shift light since its a 2001 model. Come to thing of it, i don't have many things that all the other clios seem to have :star: