ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel consumption over 55 mph or 2500 RPM

Right I'm trying to get my head around a few things here! If I go over 55mph in my little 1.2 16v or 2500RPM (in 5th) my car just guzzles the fuel! And I mean, like gone in no time! I daren't even get up to 70mph because of how quick it goes. Recently I checked for error codes using the push button stalk, it returned an error code of the letter "t", I looked it up and seen that it has something to do with the injectors?... Anyways I cleared the code and to this day, it has not come back. Could it be possible I have a blocked injector, or need a new rail? Anyone got any ideas? I have also tried the RED X cleaner a good few times to no success :\ Thanks in advance!

Pay for a proper diagnostic session imo should cost ~£40 but will give you an idea as to what is wrong instead of just wasting money replacing parts until it's fixed.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
For some free fault finding, you could try swapping the front and rear lambda sensors to see it that helps and wont cost anything.

You could also pull out the fuel rail/ injectors and point them away from the car etc and have someone try and start it to see the spray patterns of the injectors to see if one is obviously spraying badly / blocked etc.
TBH i'd be looking more at the injectors especially if you've had a fualt code come up?
If one injector is obviously bad i'd have it ultrasonically cleaned for around £15 quid ish an injector.
Then if nether of those works get it on diagnostics!!

182 Trophy #333
Its just a common culprit for poor fuel economy, sorted mine and BigDaves fuel economy right out when we changed ours, getting the injectors tested and cleaned isnt a bad shout either!

For some free fault finding, you could try swapping the front and rear lambda sensors to see it that helps and wont cost anything.

You could also pull out the fuel rail/ injectors and point them away from the car etc and have someone try and start it to see the spray patterns of the injectors to see if one is obviously spraying badly / blocked etc.
TBH i'd be looking more at the injectors especially if you've had a fualt code come up?
If one injector is obviously bad i'd have it ultrasonically cleaned for around £15 quid ish an injector.
Then if nether of those works get it on diagnostics!!

Thanks I think ill give this a go in the garage tomorrow!