ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel economy

Hi, new to the forum, i own a phase 1 172, the trip computer is absolutely miles out! says i can get 450 miles out of a full tank but realistically its 250 if i dont thrash it (which isn't likely) is anybody elses the same?

also tried to put a couple of different lexus lights on the rear but the connections are all over the place! the reverse turns on the indicator light, indicator does the brake etc! is this a phase 1 problem? cuz they work on a mates phase 2 172!

absolutely love the car though, well worth the money!

Turbos.
Hi Mr Poo.

I can get 400 miles to a tank to be fair.

The lexus light problem is a sign, throw them away.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
trip computers are never accurate lol

simple solution, stay away fro lexarse lights!
sorry cant help with other peoblems

clio 182 black /gold
I rest mine yesterday when i filled up. I got 41.9 MPG on the way home and when i was sat a lights it went down to 33.4 now this morning it is 28.8

I pretty much ignore the trip computers, i'm sure they're off a diesel with the amount it says i can get off a full tank!

Englebert - do you have a phase 1 or 2? i've heard the phase 2's have bigger tanks which might explain more miles to the tank, if not, mine is seriously burning fuel at a shocking rate! could it be chipped or something? can you do that with 172's?

Is 250 miles on a full tank (35 quid to fill up) the norm? seems pretty crap to me but then again i've never had a car like this before!

Clio 172 mk2
Cheak for leaks...MPG of 172/182 should be 30 plus on long runs.

As for the Lexus lights give up with the wiring and keep the standard ones in situ

I'm keeping the standard lights on, not keen on them though, prefer the phase 2 lights! not keen on phase 1 alloys either but as they've got new tyres on, i'm keeping them!

Clio 1.2 Expression
Well I dont do a lot of miles and I generally do short runs so mine only averages about 340-400 per tank, depends how brave I am and how long im willing to let it run on the fuel warning light. Though I have had it as high as 470 when I did about 350 miles on the motorway and a the rest around town in one day on a full tank.

My tank only holds 32 pounds (my pound key doesn't work!!) of petrol at the curent rate so my tank is approx 8 gallons which is one of the smallest i've had! could the phase 2 have a bigger tank?

Filled up, had a drive and compared miles travelled to fuel used (after filling up again) and it averages 32 mpg so thats not so bad!

shame its got a go karts petrol tank though!

Clio 172 mk2
32 isn't bad

My girlfriends 1.2 has a really small tank compared to my 172.....was a bit alarming at first as it seemed like it was drinking silly amounts of fuel but in reality it's not too bad.