ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel guage/trip accuracy

I know there is another thread talking about MPG but this is a wee bit different so thought Id start a new thread..

My trip computer is indicating 32mpg and I would say my general driving reflects this, a few spirited drives and the rest mainly normal but from putting approx 44 litres in and filling it to the max its on the light after only 250 miles, this works out approx 22mpg which isnt very good! Either the fuel guage is completely un-accurate or the computer is, without running the car dry to see what I have left its impossible to tell. Certainly the car doesnt seem to have any running problems.

Steve

Ive found that the trip computer is pretty accurate overall and the fuel gauge is next to useless!

When my gauge is almost into the red the trip says around 2.5 to 2.7 gals left and when you fill up and work it out the trip is accurate to within 0.5 gals. (Tank holds 50 litres or approx 11 gallons)

On my last fill up the trip said 36.7mpg since last reset (last time I filled up) and I worked it out to be actual mpg of 34.6 based on mileage and actual fuel used to fill up again.

Boring, boring..............:oops:

From my tests the computer is accurate to ~0.5mpg.

Thats recording the amount of fuel gone in the tank over 36k and the amount of fuel the trip says it burned over 36k.

However it does take some time before you get an accurate reading say 300miles so by resetting it ever 30 miles etc your not gouing to get an accurate reading from it.

I find the computer accurate to about 1 litre over a full tank of petrol (50 litres). The gauge on the other hand reads between 1 and 2 gallons out i.e. the gauge is past the red i.e. showing empty, when the computer says the car has used 9 gallons

Tappd'd RS

if you want an accurate fuel guage - dont buy a Civic Type-R, its absolutely shocking!

I always found the trip computer in the cup to be very accurate.

check this... I was on my way to ashford international stn and noticed my fuel was low (note : the fuel light was not on) I wanted to wait until I got to sainsbrys at jct 9 before I filled up (to get 97 ron) so b4 i got on the m20 i pulled into another garage and put £3 quid in yes just 3 quid (to do 25 miles or so) as soon as i pulled out of the garage the fuel light came on!!!! it made me laugh... it was as if i had paid £3 for tem to take my petrol!! how does that work!

mines about half a gollon out on the gallons used, this in turn puts my mpg out, just filled it up and the mpg was saying 43, worked it out afterwards and it came to 40. so i dont really trust it to take the tank very low