ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel leak :(

Aahh time for a rant...

I had my Clio into a dealer today for a warranty repair - they replaced the fuel sender because the fuel needle on the dash stopped working back in January.

Anyway... stopped to fill her up... went home... knock on the door from a neighbour two hours later to report a "river" of petrol down the road. Upon inspection it was gushing from around the tank. Called the fire brigade cuz I thought Id play it safe with so much fuel on the road... followed by the AA (called the Renault Assistance in the windscreen to see what would happen!) and theyve only just finished out there... what a load of stress!!

Apparantly whoever fitted the sender didnt seal it properly. Apart from the inconvenience and loss of fuel I was horrified at the fire risk, especially as my girlfriend and her 2 yr old collected it from the garage for me...

Has anybody ever had anything like this occur before?

Any suggestions as to how I should approach the garage tomorrow?

Neil

go for the throat mate, that is truely an awful balls up by the dealer, i would be going mental at them.....renault must have to give you something for a f##k up like that....just ask for the dealer manager and go from there

Approach them with one hell of a big baseball bat! You seriously want them to bend down and kiss arse for such a monumental feck up!

A full tank of fuel and some accessories of your choice sounds like a start to me, depends on how much you wanna crucify them!

(may I suggest wind deflectors for the accesories and the rear sun blind as good ones to get btw)

Make sure all your complaints are sent to Renault aswell to make sure the garage gets a good old fashioned bollocking!

Skoda Fabia vRS

you really should go to town on this, purely because of the safety issue, especially with your girlfriend and her 2yr old in the car !

Make sure you remain calm whilst sounding like a man about to kill them though, always makes you look/sound so much more deadly when you remain outwardly calm.

You do really need to have one hell of a go at them for this though, dont wait a few days, make sure they know they have done wrong

Hmmm Im going to sleep on this and see how I feel tomorrow.

Naturally Im very forgiving... but though mistakes can happen, this one is akin to "accidently" cutting a brake cable or loosening wheel nuts. I feel sick just thinking about what might have happened if things had gone up in flames, much more so for gf and toddler than myself.

If the worst comes to the worst, Ill start withholding RFS payments until Im happy that the situation as been resolved... that way the sh*t can really have a chance to hit the fan.

what is RFS. If its your finance payments it only comes back to bite you later on when you realize they have marked your credit report and you cant get credit after that. Took me 4 months to get a company to amend my record due to a similar senario.......