ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Light Doesn't Come On

Clio 182
How low does anyone elses fuel gauge go before the fuel light comes on? I have had my Clio at literally on empty and the fuel light doesn't come on... Before I start ripping the dash out to check the bulbs etc is this normal?

Cheers

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
On the range, as an average on the misses 182, the fuel light normally comes on with 32miles left to go.
at about 29/30 miles to go the range calculator normally stops giving a reading.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You can check if it's the bulb by using the diagnostic check. Depending on your model you either hold down the trip reset button on the dials or hold down your right indicator stalk while you turn the ignition on. If you hold down which is correct for your model you'll get all the lights around the dials come up so you can see the bulbs are all working.

SQ5
Should come on when you have a gallon left so if your doing 30mpg it'll come on at 30 miles left, if doing 15mpg it'll come in at 15 miles left.

Clio 182
You can check if it's the bulb by using the diagnostic check. Depending on your model you either hold down the trip reset button on the dials or hold down your right indicator stalk while you turn the ignition on. If you hold down which is correct for your model you'll get all the lights around the dials come up so you can see the bulbs are all working.

That's perfect! Thanks! Just tried it and my fuel light comes on so I'm obviously not getting it low enough!

Cheers bud!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I always worried my fuel light didn't work, so always filled up when the dial got near red, but for the first time, almost 2 years after I bought the car I found out it worked just the other week.

Renault clio 2005
Mine comes on when it says 50 Miles left. I have done 25 miles before when it came on then I got nervous and put fuel in lol.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I never used to fill mine up till it came on, was usually at 320miles IIRC