ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Light

T

thecremeegg

Hi
Was just wondering if anyone knows how much fuel is left when the warning light comes on? I can't find it in the handbook :mad:
I have a Mk2 Ph1 if it helps

Cheers

Tom

wot he said ^^^^^....... but is adviseable not to let go down to far as you could do more damage than good :eek:

T

thecremeegg

Ah ok, thanks. I can never tell ho wmuch fuel ive got - top quarter goes slowish, middle 2/4 go really quick, and last quarter is really slow! why they cant make it accurate ive got no idea!!

Tom

Pacey_uk said:
hows that then?

.............well i believe the bad sediments in the fuel and sh1t left in your tank can get sucked up into your engine which could do harm than good . imo :eek:

1.6 focus zetec....
^^^ kully the mastermind.... My petrol lights always coming on so if kully's theory is right...my engine is fcuked!!

Kiza

T

thecremeegg

Well ive been told many times about the sediment thing so i think it must have some truth behind it :dapprove:

thecremeegg said:
Well ive been told many times about the sediment thing so i think it must have some truth behind it :dapprove:

me too :eek: .................. but might get a 2nd opinion :eek:

thecremeegg said:
Hmm might have to get google involved here.....;)

why does he know about the sedimentation ratio factor to dispaced petrol in the tank ???

pmsl...............hehhehe:eek:

VaVa
hmm if there was any sediment which there wouldn't be in a two year ol dcar surely the fuel filter would stop it from entering the engine?

ant

yep.
thecremeegg said:

well there are some people who believe in god so.................................

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Fuel is drawn from the bottom of the tank.

What sediments? what do you people put in you car, i assume your UK lads, hence not soil or sand?

Fuel filter sorts out the micro s**t, change that about 50000M

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
ant said:
well there are some people who believe in god so.................................

God made cars on Sunday, the chill out day.

So i heard?!

T

thecremeegg

So your saying I should stop putting soil in the fuel tank?! jeez thats where im going wrong!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The amount of sediment that builds up over a few years is huge! Me and Djw Dave found that out when we took his tank off, but yeah the pump wont pull the big bits and the filter will get the wee bits. So long as its not always em,pty it should be fine imo