ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Line Problem - Keeps coming loose

I have a really annoying and expensive problem with my car.

The fuel line keeps coming loose and pissing petrol everywhere in the engine bay. It only does it when i go to start the car and obviously it doesnt start because there is no fuel.

It has happened 3 times in the last week and im loosing about 2 bars of fuel each time.

I took it to a garage this morning and they did exactly the same as what i was oing and just pushing it back in, but it doesnt seem to clip in at all. The clip is there but they way it sits you cant get to it properly and cant push it in far enough for it to clip in properly.

Any ideas or do you think its a case of new fuel lines?

are these just the same flimsy plastic lines/unions that are fitted to the RS? personally, i'd look to replace the whole line for peace of mind. you might be able to bodge something, but the plastics don't look all that sturdy on mine, so not sure it'd be worth the risk

are these just the same flimsy plastic lines/unions that are fitted to the RS? personally, i'd look to replace the whole line for peace of mind. you might be able to bodge something, but the plastics don't look all that sturdy on mine, so not sure it'd be worth the risk

Yeh there are plastic clips. Its a little green clip that doesnt seem to fit over the lip.

Where does it come apart? Any pics?
View attachment 32945
View attachment 32946
View attachment 32947

It sits down beside the brake fluid reservior.
The green lip bit you can see should be right inside the clip, but it wont go in. Iv tried using grips to hold the clip open and force it in but it doesnt want to move.

All help appreciated guys. Cheers

Last edited:
i've not dismantled mine, but wonder if you're missing some sort of seal?

I acctually thought about this. Car was in the garage because the timing belt snapped. The mecahnic was a complete arsehole and didnt do it correct. Was sent back twice for him to sort. Was leaving bits missing etc like bolts.

Wouldnt surprise me if theres supposed to be another part to it and hes binned it.

Wasn't sure however so thought id ask on here first. I can't seem to find any pics in the Haynes manual so anyone got a 1.2 Grande who can take pics of theres?

Failing that il go to a scrappy tomorrow and see if i can swipe one.

Cheers guys

see if anyone on here has access to the parts computer (or pop in to Renault yourself) - might give you an image of the parts

Cheers mate. Fast replies much appreciated.

Think il bodge it with some duct tape the now until i can get over to Renault tomorrow

i know you have been and must be tempted to continue, but i'd really not use it if it's leaking fuel like that

ph - Quick Silver!
same thing happend to my 172 the clip maneged to snap some how and i had to replace the fuel line job done