ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel lines

Guys, just spoke to me dad you just disconnected a fuel line in me clio so that he could get to a torx bolt. Put it back in and the car wont bloody start - sound usual?

Wot - just keep trying to start the engine? it did this before coz ive just finished putting a new head on my car etc and it took a while for the engine to get compression and start - three days to be precise

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

well yeah if the fuel has run out of the lines you might need to keep trying.

to be honest i have no idea it was worth a shot..

172, Tiguan

Yes the fuel pump has to pump the fuel into the system and new pipes. try again. That or youve got an air lock. unlucky.

Ok, this is a mk1 valver yeah? therefore youve got a return line via the regulator, so all that may have happened is air pockets may have been introduced into the fuel rail, so letting it try and fire, then turning fully off and then letting it pressure up again a few times should do the trick.

Thanks - that should do it- it worked before! So long as its nuthin major! id just got the thing going again after a bloody month!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

just turn the ingnition on/off a few times so the electric fuel pump primes the system and removes any air pockets.