ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Lines

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
What are peoples views on running rubber fuel lines through the car. My mate thinks I should do it to make it nice and easy for replacing things etc etc. I can understand if the fuel lines are braided as there is a bit more protection but would rubber ones be ok.

Would track day event holders say it’s a no no or Mot testers.

Thoughts please.

I wouldn't run rubber hoses through the car - they can breathe petrol fumes into the car
MOT people would frown on it I suspect - and it's waaaaay too easy to catch one and cut it
Even as standard the clio runs solid plastic pipe under the car

For the sake of a few quid - just buy some braided fuel hose instead!!

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Thanks for the advice. Im not going to be upgrading to braided lines as i just bought this fuel lines lol. As i am running a MK 1 engine i need a flow and return so the standard 172 fuel lines wouldn't have done the job.

I didnt realise the rubber would let the fumes escape...... thats a pain as i was thinking of protecting the fuel lines in a plastic sleave of some description but if they let out fumes there is no point of that.

Also the 172 fuel pumps,

They have a green and red outlet on there. I take it that the green is fuel flow and the red is fuel return? Does that sound about right?