ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel needle not resetting correctly

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Took apart my clocks to paint the center. I must have knocked the needle upon doing so.

All fitted but it doesn't read correctly. Tonight i filled up fully and drove 15 miles approx so it should be full, or just off.

However whenever i turn on/off the ignition the needle keeps dropping further past the empty mark.

Any ideas how to rectify this? I did it with the revs and temp but they reset fine :confused:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest what happens when you do the ignition fault trick? (Holding of the button at end of the wiper stalk and turning on ignition) It's meant to be the calibration thingie? Weird how it keeps dropping more everytime.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for all the replies guys.

@Chris_Beer Yes, it goes up and down, like the rest of the needles but as soon as you turn the ignition it reverts back to my OP video but other dials stay as they should.

@LeeRS Let me.see if i can get the loan money from Terry Tibbs. Actually PM coming your way soon as i need a few more clock stickers like you did because ive bought another one.

@cs_dave They was on 78k i believe, or around that figure.

Its ok, ive sourced another set of clocks from @midge that are on 111k so close enough to my current 112k.