ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Problems -16 mpg Valver

Ok once again my valvers having issues, the last 2 times I have filled up the petrol tank (Esso Super Unleaded) it has done 40 -50 miles on £10 worth of petrol before the low fuel warning light comes on, it used to do 70-80, any idea whats wrong with it, i cant smell any petrol so i assume its not leaking, i was thinking maybe its overfuelling or something like that (lamda sensor maybe gone?)

Cheers

Jon

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

How do you change the lambda sensor? How much do they cost new............and what do they do....?

from what i remember (i researched the job for my cinquecento but never got around to doing it) the lamda sensor is located on the manifold down pipe, it taks readings from the exhaust gasses and the adjust the fuel going in appropriately to prevent overfueling etc, from what i can recall they cost around 50 quid. Changing them is simply a case of unbolting it from the down pipe, disconnecting the wires, and then VERY carefully (they have an extreley sensitive sensor that you have to be careful with) put the new one in, then connect the wires back up.

I think thats right

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

It might just be that your a bit of a tight wod and by only putting a tenner in, the gauge will rise and fall erracticly, worst in the Phase 1 16v. Try fillin her up! No offence about callin u tight though.

Skoda Fabia vRS

you shouldnt be lettin it run so low anywayz, lettin it get almost empty drags all the crap from the bottom of the tank

i bought a new lambda for my car from here - www.lambdasensor.com

I always run mine well low.. Over christmas, I had the light on for two days cus the petrol station was closed... did a fair few miles with it on too.

Daz.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

is it true that if you fill your car up full you get more miles cos of the gasses??

i heard this once dont believe its true though?

Skoda Fabia vRS

Jon have you ever tried a petrol additive, they all claim increased MPG

if your not already id switch to Optimax, purely for the cleaners in it, id also change your fuel filter and use some Wynns Xtreme Fuel Treatment, dont bother with any of the others, IMO their crap

aaronc, Thats interesting.. Ive always wondered if I get more miles when I put more petrol in at once.. £20 seems to go longer than two £10s..

Maybe its just me?

Daz.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

No thats what i think as well mate, £10 seems to go so quickly 80 miles sometimes less than that and its gone!