ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel quality

Afternoon peeps. While feeling a little under-entertained at work i was wondering;

theres a range of petrol prices (Shell, BP, Q8, Tesco etc.), but who really offers the best price/performance in terms of fuel quality??

..I mean its all very well thinking that high dollar = high quality, but is that really the case?

Tanks.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I tend to buy Shell Optimax, but I cant get that then I will use Super Unleaded from BP, Esso, Shell.

Only as a last resort would I use Supermarket petrol.

A kinda petrol snob if you like!

i know when ive gone from optimax to tesco even in my n/a car i can really feel the difference. full tank on optimax costs £32 where as tesco is £27!

I put Optimax in last time, just put Morissons stuff in now..

Difference? Absolutly LOADS!

Ok, Im lying.. no difference, but the Williams doesnt use 98RON fuel hehe.

If I had a 172/182, Id use Optimax as the ECU does know what fuel you are using and on normal unleaded, makes it slower (in basic terms, hehe).

i know a shell station near me that sells optimax at the same price or cheaper than a lot of the normal garages around it! so i buy optimax just in case it is better and save money!

check my bad self!