ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel rail guard advice

BG 182FF
Afternoon,

Scratching my head on this one so looking for some advice. when I bought my car the guard was loose and one nut was missing. Tightened up the remaining one. Just checked the car 2000miles later and the one I tightened has now snapped off and I've managed to bodge a random nut onto the remaining stud to keep it remotely secure.

I've seen some people say just remove it, anyone know what it actually does? Looks like a heat sink! There seems to be an open ended plastic pipe fairly close behind it so loath to leave it off. I guess its just a case or ordering from Renault and replacing, only problem being my local dealer parts counter shuts at 5:30 and I dont finish work until 6!

Soooo many niggles on the car are starting to wind me up! the Miltek I had fitted last weekend seems to be blowing too.

The plastic pipe behind it you mentioned is the actual fuel rail. I wouldn't remove the cover as it is there for a reason.

If the studs have snapped you will need to order new ones from Renault, they go through and also hold the manifold on. Contact Adam from Renault Wolverhampton on here he should be able to post them out for you.

BG 182FF
Thanks, PM sent.

I'll check it when I get home, If its loose again then I'll remove it until I can get new studs as I dont want it falling off!!

Renault Clio 182
Hi graham I've had this problem before if you over tighten the nuts it snaps the stud. I'm guessing due to expansion, when you get the new studs and nuts just tighten til they pinch I found this worked for me , after I snapped two new studs lol ,

FF Clio 182
Remove it and just don't have a head on collision :)

5a9ubuju.jpg