ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel setups

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My current car runs a return and a pressure regulator in the rail. The new one has no return or regulator.

Which is best?!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
In terms of the power output that your engines are making there's no real advantage that I can see from either setup tbh mate. The return line system just makes it easier to install a swirl pot if and when the time comes. The return line system comes into its own on fuel hungry boost buses as it allows you to alter fuel pressure easier (reg on rail), but the single line system would need to be swapped over as it's harder to adjust the pressure (in tank with the pump).

172 Rally Car
Thread resurrection!

Does the phase 2 pump regulate the pressure mechanically? i.e its pre-set within the pump and receives no information from the ecu?

Therefor you can run a phase 2 pump in a phase 1? (with correct rail etc.)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thread resurrection!

Does the phase 2 pump regulate the pressure mechanically? i.e its pre-set within the pump and receives no information from the ecu?

Therefor you can run a phase 2 pump in a phase 1? (with correct rail etc.)
I'm led to believe that there's a in tank pressure regulator on the ph2 so that's how the fuel pressure is regulated.

Yes you could run a ph2 pump in a ph1.

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
Ah ok! Also keep in mind that raising the pressure will put some extra strain on the fuel pump, so make sure its healthy :)