ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Surge

TrackCar & F30 330d
What's the least amount of fuel you can run in a track car untill it starts to fuel surge?

Using R888's and a ITB'd engine!

i'm only asking because I don't have a fuel gauge and want to know how long I could run for on Dry days

Lionel Richie
Depends on circuit, the only places i know of surge issues are Rockingham and Mallory, never had an issue anywhere else

172 cup, Impreza P1
From what I hear the in tank swirl pot is pretty good on the Clio and issues are rare.

On a scooby, anything under 1/4 tank on track you are asking for trouble.

A lad in a williams at Brands Hatch last year had problems on R888's - not sure if maybe the mk1 clio tanks/fuel pumps were worse

For the cost involved though I'd probably chuck a swirl pot and 2nd pump in there just for your own piece of mind - seeing how hard you drive on track ;)
Certainly cheaper than popping an engine

182cup & 172 racecar
1\4 tank or less and if at Mallory asking for trouble - fuel surge half way through ended our day there.

This, anything below 1/4 tank and you are asking for trouble, even get it at Brands. Gerrards at Mallory will kill you.

​Found that card reader yet.

Yep my mate killed his brand new forged 106 lump at Rockingham as he had 1/4 of a tank and no swirl pot - lost fuel coming out the infield through the chicane, but had his foot flat to the floor, bye bye piston :(