ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuelling issues mk1 and mk2 fuel tank

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Are they the same? I am having horrendous trouble with my track car. The car is not fuelling properly and splutters when exiting roundabout corners etc. the afr gauge leans right out and sometimes if i go on and off the throttle its ok other times i have to flick the ignition off and on again and on occasions neither of them work. it's very intermittent so I'm not to sure if its a wiring fault or whether the pump is on its way out. It sometimes does it if I'm driving a bit spirited and other times I can be doing like 5 -10 mph and it will do it. It's mainly when I have less than a quarter of a tank of fuel.

Do the pick ups on the mk1 fuel pump and the mk2 are they different as this may cause a problem if the tank layouts are different.

I'm trying to explore all routes as I don't want to spend loads of money getting new pump fuel tank etc etc if its not going to cure it.

I also changed and checked all of my earths and got rid of the s**t gearbox earth strap so I have ruled that out

Any help would really be appreciated as I'm so fucked off with the car I'm contemplating breaking it.