ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full car wrap removal

basically I've got a little corsa that I brought as a second car to drive about in when I need to.
Its normally red, but my brother does wrapping for a living and he had matt black vinyl left so we decided to wrap it.
Then we wrapped it in White then Orange, each time we wrapped it we pealed of the other layer and then put the new layer back on, and leaving the residue on the car.
Now I have just taken off the Orange and want to keep it red but there is glue all over the car, and I have spent about 2 hours using white spirit on the bonnet but it is taking ages.
Does anyone know an easier way to get it off?
would get my brother to do it but his at silverstone putting the stickers on the F1 cars.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you heat it up thouroughly, the glue mostly comes off with the vinyl. (I used to be a valeter and had to de-sticker promo vehicles)

But either way, its a s**t job!

If you heat it up thouroughly, the glue mostly comes off with the vinyl. (I used to be a valeter and had to de-sticker promo vehicles)

But either way, its a s**t job!

Yeah I should off done that, but to late now.

whats does your brother recommend or usually use since he does it for a living ?

Don't know, not asked him yet. I was on here so thought I would ask, people on here might do the same thing as a living

Track 172cup
fair enough mate, just make sure you give it a bloody good wash since you've used white spirit on it !

Clio 182 arctic
just buy some tar and glue remover, thats what we use at work, works well but you aint gonna get it off without a bit of time and effort.

I used to work part time valeting, and had to remove the battenburg stickers from police cars when they were auctioned off. Used AG products, which worked, but took a long time.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
You could maybe "snow foam" with with tar remover, still going to be a long process but should get it off :)

ITB BG 182
Get a heated jet wash and put it on a warmer setting then spray it but not too close as you might peel the paint off aswell, its a hell of alot quicker than tardis or tar and glue remover.

Reyes and Curley, I am just waiting on my brother to get back to me

You could maybe "snow foam" with with tar remover, still going to be a long process but should get it off :)

lol I did think off doing this but with water mixed in, it probably wouldn't work

Get a heated jet wash and put it on a warmer setting then spray it but not too close as you might peel the paint off aswell, its a hell of alot quicker than tardis or tar and glue remover.

Unforutnatly I don'y have a heated jet wash, just a standard one

the tardis turn up this morning so I spent a good 4 hours getting all the sticky crap off,

as for pictures I have a few recent onces from my phone, but I think the older (black and white wraps) are on my hard drive that's in the freezer (due to failing on me)

2010-06-22_09-39-37_152.png

2010-06-22_17-36-40_792.png

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
gently rubs a mixture of caustic soda and warm water over the car... only kiddding erm what avout celly thinners ? tha tardis or some over solvent based cleaner

may sound a bit daft but might be worth going to the local polish car wash and asking them howmuch to remove it if you supply the thinners etc tell them you allergic to teh thinners and it wont tale em long

gently rubs a mixture of caustic soda and warm water over the car... only kiddding erm what avout celly thinners ? tha tardis or some over solvent based cleaner

may sound a bit daft but might be worth going to the local polish car wash and asking them howmuch to remove it if you supply the thinners etc tell them you allergic to teh thinners and it wont tale em long

Finally done it this evening, mentioned in the post above somewhere.
But thanks anyway