ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full exhaust system for a mk2 172

Half stripped mk2 172
Ok guys, starting to do up my car, now that cash is a bit on hand. I already ordered a itg maxogen and now would like an exhaust for my car. Which are the best ones. I dont mind the loudness as long as ts not chav or too loud. I want good power increases. Thanks, Vince.

I guess free flowing the better, but you need to remember the CAT will restrict the flow prior to the exhaust. So ideally you want to be looking a de-cat or sports cat, then a good exhaust so to get the best out of the car.

As for which exhaust is best, its "horses for courses" I had a KTEC stealth on my 172 and I was well happy with it. I also had a Janspeed sports cat, which I added later which made a big difference. You could try a "custom" which can be tailored to your spec.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
lots of choice for a 172, any custom place would be good as you can choose the noise level, if you are near i recomend prospeed in cardiff, excellent customer service.

SLK 350
60-65mm diameter is indeed apparently best. Just wish someone would develop a decent solution for the decat situation with the lambda sensors.

I also wanted a decent exhaust system, but i really don't fancy having to put up with motorway noise and also don't want to look/sound like some sort of chav with a peco on it.

Hows the Stealth zorst for sound mate? Any chance you can post a recording/clip or PM it me- cheers.

Half stripped mk2 172
I was after a full system with a decat as that is best i think. I was goin to get a full magnex as the sound is great and decent gains but havent decided as yet. Someone posted that ben r has a full system for the 172 which is good, anyone knows about it or perhaps you ben. Vince.

SLK 350
Thought it had negative effec ton the ECU when the CAT was scrapped due to the lambda's telling the ECU the cat is no longer working - therefore being restrictive with power etc and altering AF mix

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
you keep the first probe in (closest the engine) block up the second hole on the cat, then tape up the second probe under the car, worked on my cup

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
oh and personally i wouldn't bother with an exhaust on a 172, all the back boxes are too big imo, and they never hang right as they place too much strain on the mounts.... you'll be constantly adjusting them, for they very little gains they give, and the money they cost, i'd save up and get some coilovers, by far the best purchase i've made (had a de catted magnex, which i have sold on)