ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full Valet.... How much?

Just wondering how much youd all be willing to pay for a full valet with:
Meguiars 3 step cleaning stuff
And all meguiars products...

yeah inside the full works...
No not claying
Full wash with 3 step cleaning stuff
trims restored
tyres done
wheels done
arches cleaned
glass polished
engine bay detailed
interior detailed
vacuumed etc

RB 182
I'd imagine that would take most of the day so probably £40-£45 I would say, depending on the size of the vehicle and the condition of the car.

^^ agree with that, if your just starting out? then up to £60 + when your up and running and doing a stunning job

ive been doing it for a while but with different cleaning products, not used the 3 step yet. Used autoglym and stuff but used meguiars polish and that was best id used.

home based at the moment until im back on the road then id be willing to travel if traveling costs were covered since the stuff for job isnt cheap

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
benclelland said:
I'd imagine that would take most of the day so probably £40-£45 I would say, depending on the size of the vehicle and the condition of the car.

£40 - £45 for a days work :eek: , i wouldn't get outta bed for that !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
dick said:
some people arent as fortunate as other billy mate.

I didn't mean it to sound like that , just that £40 - £45 for a full valet as Benclelland said , taking a full day to do isn't alot of money imo .

agredd, especially with all as the associated costs, you'll end up with like £35, works out at around 4 spuds or so an hour based on a full day!! now if you can fit 2-3 in a day, that's worth getting out of bed for

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Agree ! You'd need to be fitting in about 3 cars a day to make it worth your while .

106 GTi
Without claying and a decent machine polish in there I wouldnt pay anyone more than about 40 quid for that.

Skip the Megs 3 stage, and offer Clay, Polish and Wax or Sealant.

If it really is a top notch job and you spending a whole day on a car 7-8 hours? You should be charging 80 quid plus. You wont find many punters to take it up though. I would stick to the 40 quid service and cut the time it takes you.

The problem with valets is the car will just get dirty again tommorow! At least with a machine polish your offering permamant paint correction so it looks as good nect time its washed etc.

Have you thought about getting yourself a PC?

Turbos.
I know nothing about cleaning cars but i would be prepared to spend £100 on a valet if it was a decent job. I appreciate time is money, i certainly wouldn't do 8 hours work for £80!

The key is finding the right customers, asking a load of tight arsed Renault owners probably isn't your best move.

MX5 turbo
I charge £55-£75 .that includes interior shampoo.It usually takes me between 3-4 hours.
So,yeah,i think you're asking the wrong people:eek:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ What do ya get for £55 - £75 ? What and how many stages do you use ??

MX5 turbo
I don't use Megs stuff that often,but that would include full interior vac,all plastics,glass,and then all seats,carpets,headlining,boot shampood and dried.
All leather treated if applicable
Exterior washed and dried,glass polished,all vinyls dressed including tyres (and spare).
All marks and tar spots removed and polished,then a coat of wax.Usually P21S.

MX5 turbo
Clio 1.216v Dynamique said:
I thought Valeters used cheap stuff so they can make as much as they can? so I got told

If i can yes:D
But cheap stuff usually equals crap stuff:(
I try everything really,but go with the products that give the best finish,which are usually more expensive:D

well i average around 5-6 hours per car and was charging 25 for the job lot but thats me bending over backwards lol.
If people were interested i could obviously offer different services... what would people prefer,
Megs 3 stage?
Megs clay and wax?

Clio 1.216v Dynamique said:
The dear stuffs bound too but I thought It would be too much cost for Valeters to use top stuff, thought they just bought them Big bottles from wholesalers

Valeters use stuff from autobrite and autosmart yes its bought in bulk but a lot of it is still very good when used correctly. I would be more concerned with the skill of the valeter than the products used.

106 GTi
Plattsy said:
well i average around 5-6 hours per car and was charging 25 for the job lot but thats me bending over backwards lol.
If people were interested i could obviously offer different services... what would people prefer,
Megs 3 stage?
Megs clay and wax?

You are best of offering a good sealant that lasts, and using a decent polish that removes defects rather than hides them.

Must customers will be looking for a good lasting protection rather than anything else. I would rather some one clay, AG Super Resin and Extra Gloss Sealant my car If I was paying.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Man, for a good job even without a PC, something that Rich is talking about I would pay £60 no problem. Clay,poish,seal = for me the way to go imo.
For the full on biz with the PC etc I'd pay over £100 no problem for a guy with Rich, Brazo's skills etc...

But then I've spend about £600 so far on detailing products so I want to learn to use them :p

Good luck anyway :D