ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Funny Gearbox Sound

Can anyone help me????

New noise started last night comin from somewhere in my gearbox i think. Its a rattling noise comin from the gear stick area. Sounds like metal tapping metal or summit. Could it be a bush gone somewhere? It only comes with deceleration aswell. The gearbox seems fine though.......

Anyone got any ideas at all?

is it like a metallic rattle sounds like a bike chain against the guard at 2k?

I have this problem.

i thought it was the foil heatshield thingy rattling against the exhaust manifold, but im not sure, its very annoying.

Going to 3d transmissions tomorrow to get the mount done, will ask them about it.

If it was one of the selector rods then surely wouldnt happen in every gear?

I am convinced its a rattle caused by the vibration caused at 2k - 2.5k

but then im no mechanic!

Yeah yours sounds the same as mine! Those heatshields are only light though so i find it hard to beleive its that. I have just had a new exhaust fitted though so it could be that in someway?

mmm..doubt it, I had the problem with my standard exhaust on and now I have a magnex it still remains.

I also checked all the exhaust heatshields when in the garage and they were fine, so that outrules that one, only 251 possibilities left!

come on someone cant only be me and the death bloke whos had it/got it?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by ValveroDeath on 09 February 2004

Yeah yours sounds the same as mine! Those heatshields are only light though so i find it hard to beleive its that. I have just had a new exhaust fitted though so it could be that in someway?
seeing as youve had an exhaust fitted lately this would seem to be the cause.either its poorly alligned or a heat sheild has come loose.