ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

G.I Plymouth Karting

After the last meet go karting was suggested for a meet. On the way home from Exeter meet I went karting here with friends and it was a right laugh

http://www.plymouthkarting.co.uk/

Although its quite a short track (23 second lap average) and theres not huge oportunity for overtaking, its awesome for a quick lap competition.

So the plan would be.
3x 10 minute sessions = £30 each.
Best lap of the day will win a small prize and be know as clio sport kart king haha.

Indoor track so theres no excuse why people cant come due to rain etc.

Just guageing interest really so if you could pop your names down and any feedback if you would be interested.

Probably be a Sunday and would be after fast show/PCAD combe.

1.Jcs

172,scenic, trafic
I did think of St Eval but worry about the weather? As with the last exeter meet the weather let the side down a bit.
Also plymouth is a bit more central???

We could always review it the week before the event looking at the forecast?

Weather is ok at st Eval plus I live one min from therelol. Minus point I
Is its not allowed to open on Sundays. There is a track on a38 near liskieard

172,scenic, trafic
They might do a deal for a large group. I pass there twice a day and sometimes its quite empty. Just lengthened track too I think. But like I said Sunday closed due to noise regs. And ten mins from newquay or two from a beach.lol

Yeah last time I went down I asked about a group discount

and tbh....they mugged me off with " we have not changed our prices in last x amount of years"

but I'm sure we could negotiate with the promise of wedge

Will give them a phone tommorrow

172,scenic, trafic
Yeah last time I went down I asked about a group discount

and tbh....they mugged me off with " we have not changed our prices in last x amount of years"

but I'm sure we could negotiate with the promise of wedge

Will give them a phone tommorrow

I would be up for it, as a matter of interest has anyone thothht of doing a group rally day if there is such a thing in this part of the world

Remember this is a car forum. No matter how many people say they will turn up alot wont so booking things is a bad thing imo.

Needs to be turn up and drive imo

Right some prices for Gp ect​

ADULT EXCLUSIVE EVENTS (x12 DRIVERS MINIMUM) FULL 1.2KM TRACK
Twin Engine 70mph Pro Karts 16+ years only

F1 15 Lap Race £45 per driver = 1 pace lap, 5 practice laps, grid start in pole position, 15 Lap
Race with a trophy presentation at the end for 1st 2nd and 3rd place.

F1 20 Lap Race £50 per driver = 1 pace lap, 5 practice laps, grid start in pole position, 20 Lap
Race with a trophy presentation at the end for 1st 2nd and 3rd place.

Booking is required on 01637 860160 with a deposit of £120 minimum to secure your space.
Remaining balance can be paid on the day individually or as a group.

however this would be a pain in the ass to sort tbh with deposits ect

so i am going with JCS on this and saying arrive and drive unless we get a LOT of interest in this

ADULTS ARRIVE AND DRIVE PRICES:
Twin Engine 70mph Pro Karts 16+ years only =
£13 for 10 mins,
£26 for 20 mins
£36 for 30 mins.
Computerised Lap Times for each person at the end of each session (full 1.2km track)

No booking required

and from this we could have slowest lap/fastest lap

quick video of the 1.2 k circuit ( in the wet)
we will hopefully be fine in may

any ways let me know what you think

cheers

chris

Last edited by a moderator: